SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Clinical Quality Strategy and Insights team is seeking an organized, curious, and data oriented person to join our team. We are focused on improving the health and wellness of our members and seek someone that has experience working on clinical quality measures (NCQA, HEDIS measurement), that can work cross-functionally, leverages data to make decisions, and can make data supported recommendations for quality improvements. Must be skilled in SQL, Tableau, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Responsible for identifying opportunities to deliver affordable quality care to members through analysis of data and transforming business intelligence into action plans. Provides strategic recommendations for improving health care affordability to executives and professional clients.
**Please note this positon can be filled as either a Health Infomration Consultant Senior or Manager**
Preferred Locations - Virginia, Ohio, Georgia, Indiana, Connecticut, Maryland. Must support ET business.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Evaluates and triages potential projects and studies based on the value, cost benefit analysis and the urgency of the request.
• Manages projects through coordination and negotiation with internal and external clients in a highly matrixed environment.
• Accesses claims/utilization data, clinical quality data, social barrier data to Performs strategic data analysis and research to support business needs.
• Develops detailed understanding of relevant business processes, goals and strategy.
• Translates data trends into strategic recommendations for program development and action plans.
• Develops and communicates action plans and assists in planning initiatives to address areas for improvement identified through data analysis and business expertise.
• Makes strategic recommendations to executives.
• Organizes and manages the staffing and work flow on major projects.
• Provides business expertise regarding the appropriate use of data elements and cooperates with reporting personnel from other areas to establish and maintain these common business rules.
• Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff.
Requires a BS/BA degree; 5-7 years experience in analysis and reporting; at least 2 years of broad based practical business experience within a business unit; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Experience in managed care and data analysis is required. Understanding of multiple data sources and formats is required. Expert level spreadsheet and database skills is required. Excellent working knowledge of Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, Cost Analysis, Work flow development, and Collaborative partnering with cross functional teams. Excellent knowledge and understanding of standard Business Information tools and programming/query languages. Understands and applies Excel functions and macro tools to help solve complex problems. Excellent analytical, organizational, planning, and oral and written communication skills required. Ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels within the organization. Advanced degree in business, science, or health research preferred. Providing consultation and making presentations are major parts of this job. Influences and negotiates with all levels of management. This job focuses on more organizing, more project work, and more focused on developing action plans, and more client knowledge as compared to the Health Information Consultant Sr.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America's Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.