We Are Hiring:
Join our Physician Support Services Team as an Application Developer (IS Specialist) .
This is a Full-Time position with competitive compensation, professional development, well-being programs and holistic growth opportunities. Work-life balance through generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, medical, dental, vision and retirement match.
Located at our Michigan Corporate Services - Warren, MI with the flexibility to work some hours remotely.
What You Will Do:
Develop, maintain and provide advanced support activities for information systems and applications for an assigned service or area.
- Evaluate process, formulate systems and application design, and develop and implement systems projects.
- Develop, implement and support all configuration and data report changes.
- Produce routine and ad-hoc reports and queries from application systems.
- Design, build and maintain training and development documentation for designated systems.
- Conduct end user training for designated systems.
- Serve as a liaison between information systems and other departments on topics such as file maintenance, software changes, and problem resolution.
- Provide regular support to a specific area, including training & technical support.
What You Will Need: Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
3-5 years of experience and/or able to demonstrate equivalent proficiency in 3 or more of the following:
- Datawarehouse: DW Principals, Business requirement collection, SQL data modeling, ability to translate technical specifications into business processes and vice versa
- Secure Web Portal development/maintenance: .NET, C#, Angular, Web API 2, Ouath2, SQL Design and Optimization
- Creation/support of ETL packages using .NET, C#, SQL SSIS or an equivalent technology
- Advanced data analytics and visualization (i.e. Microsoft Excel, PowerBI, Alteryx, Tableau or equivalent applications)
- Healthcare interfacing, HIE and especially experience with HL7 Messaging Standards (CDA/CCD/FHIR, etc.)
- Creation and consuming of RESTful APIs
- Working knowledge of HIPAA and information security best practices. Exposure to healthcare data types and terminology helpful (i.e. what is a CPT Code, what's an ICD10 code, what is an MPI)
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Michigan employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension SE Michigan is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplemen
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.E-Verify