Piper Companies is currently seeking an experienced Healthcare Data Analyst to work with a leading healthcare organization in the Baltimore area. We are seeking someone that has prior experience working in a Value-Based Care environment leading efforts to identify, analyze, and explain medical cost trends. This position will be remote but would require the occasional in-person visit for team meetings, presentations, and other events.Additionally, the Data Analyst will:
- Works collaboratively with key internal stakeholders, such as clinical, operations, finance, and leadership to develop actionable insights regarding performance trends.
- Assist with validation and audit of payer-specific medical and pharmacy claims data as well as member attribution.
- Examine and verify data contained in an internal and external analytics platform to payer generated reports and raw claims data.
- Supervise and assist with the completion of provider-specific dashboards and reporting for all network physicians and practices.
- Develops and presents data and analytics to external stakeholders such as providers, health plans, and other customers to explain the total cost of care analyses, cost trends, and key cost of care levers
- Oversees efforts to analyzes effectiveness of clinical interventions and cost of care initiatives and collaborates with clinical and operations teams to implement improvement opportunities
- Ad-hoc data and reporting requests as needed.
- Bachelor's degree with a focus on health sciences, statistics, math, or a related field highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of prior experience in health care data interpretation, analysis, and reporting.
- Prior experience with SAS, SQL, Tableau, Access, or other relational databases and/or visualization software.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel required