Healthcare Project Manager
#TS – HC87
Location: Richardson, TX OR CHICAGO, IL
Duration: Long term. Contract to Perm preferred. Probable extensions through 2019
No 3rd party contractors please. Visa sponsorship not available
Positions for MAKE:
This team has several large programs underway in 2019 and there will be teams of Project Managers working together. Candidate must be able to work on projects where they had to partner with other Project Managers to accomplish multiple concurrent tasks.
This position requires developing and maintaining relationships with project stakeholders to obtain project objectives while working in a matrix project environment. A comprehensive and appropriate systems development lifecycle and methodology is key.
- Technical Project Management
- Versatility to oversee both application development and infrastructure projects
- Agile and Waterfall are preferred
- Excellent stakeholder management is required
- Ability to roll up sleeves and do project management work at all levels when needed for back-up, support, short peaks in work, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Project Driver attitude
- Stakeholder management – Develop relationships quickly, keep people informed and create a collaborative environment and resolve technical barriers with minimal oversight
- Presentation and facilitation skills need to be very strong.
- Ability to document the right level for a status report to a Senior Management audience with a business focus update is a must
- Understanding of tracking project financials
- Strong interpersonal skills, understanding of Jira tool; ability to thrive and drive projects in matrix environment
The EPMO manager profile
- A senior PM who has experience working on a project that can touch multiple IT areas in a company. And juggle multiple projects concurrently.
- Someone that can work in a fast paced, unstructured environment.
- Someone that is a self-starter and can work independently. You need to show that you can move things forward...a “driver.” Have the ability to "on-board" yourself
- Someone who can connect the dots on a call and understand what’s being discussed.
- A PM should be someone who has some technical background so they can contribute to the discussion. PMs now have the role similar to an IT Lead where they help facilitate discussion around all areas of the enterprise and help them connect the dots.
- Someone who can put a project plan together and keep track of a schedule. They should also have experience with project financials and be able to forecast and monitor actuals on a weekly basis to ensure the project does not go over budget or to be able to explain why it’s going over budget. Project cost management. Sr. PMs are really the accountants of their own projects (significant time is allocated to this, that is, managing pre-determined budgets.)
- Someone who can pivot and adapt to changing direction mid-project.
- Plug gaps right away, problem solve immediately
- Professional / Polished communication style
- Willingness/experience sharing project management responsibilities with other Project Managers on the same project. (There will be teams of Project Managers working together within minimal independent work). Thick skin. Willingness to be assigned tasks from other PMs who might have less experience/abilities
- End-to-end project management & implementation experience on multiple (5 or more) project.
- Healthcare Payor / Insurance industry experience
- MS Project and/or Clarity