The Help Desk Support Technician/Systems Analyst will provide support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. This position is located in Evans Army Community Hospital, Ft. Carson, CO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned)
- Provide application support for unclassified and classified Web-based applications
- Under minimal supervision provides front-line support to end users for PC, server or mainframe applications and hardware. Interacts with network services, software systems engineering and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify core problems.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Works with engineers to resolve tier 2 and Tier 3 support issues.
- Trains end-users on software packages and standard IT procedures as required; participates in new application rollouts, testing and special projects as needed.
- Provides technical support by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of personal computer and related software/hardware. Trouble shoots software and hardware failures and identifies network problems when related to personal desktop computers.
- Receive inbound customer calls and email inquiries, analyze problems, research solutions and provide solid answers easily understood by the customers
- Ensure issues are fully documented in the help desk ticketing system application
- Master the features and functionality of the supported software applications
- Maintain knowledge of software updates and enhancements
- Activities include recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps. Screens, refers, and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of end-user devices (EUDs), software, hardware, and firmware utilizing experience and understanding of MHS environment and MHS clinical systems.
- Responsible for maintaining acceptable levels of customer satisfaction according to defined policies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor s Degree preferred.
- 2 years work related experience in the IT/Help Desk fields.
- Equivalent combination of knowledge and specialized experience may be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- Security+ certification required.
- Experience working in military healthcare environment is preferred. Knowledge of the MHS AHLTA client server computing environment where the application allows an end-user to access clinical and encounter information on a central database server.
- Government contract may require person to possess proof of U.S. citizenship
- Proficient in Windows 2000/XP, MS Office, and use of the internet
- Prior experience working with Apple/Mac systems desired
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
Applicants may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: Employee will occasionally need to lift or move equipment weighing up to 15 pounds. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. Hearing and speaking to exchange information. Seeing to view computer monitor. Sitting for extended periods of time.
Work environment: Professional office environment: temperature controlled office building, low noise level, standard office lighting.
Akimeka is proud to be an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability employer!