Help Desk Analyst
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct assistance to FAITAS customers via telephone, Service Now tickets, and email; provide instruction on the use of FAITAS via telephone, Service Now, email and user coaching as required.
- Coordinate efforts with staff associates and subject matter experts to resolve problems; maintain liaison with network users and technical staff to communicate the status of problem resolution; assist with monitoring ATRRS network management systems.
- Log and track each request and appropriate demographic data related to each request.
- Assist with compiling data and prepare reports setting forth progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations based on information from the Call Management Tracking System. Assist with compiling and regularly maintaining a log of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) originating with all categories of customers. Assist with providing and managing official answers to all FAQs and distribute same to all interested stakeholders.
- Contribute to the preparation of procedure manuals and documentation for help desk use; conduct periodic customer satisfaction surveys and track customer problem trends; make recommendations for improvements to FAITAS and create reports based on information provided from customer surveys and trend analyses.
- Assist in training personnel who provide backup coverage and in training users related to the operation and maintenance of FAITAS. Be available for limited travel.
- Assist in the review and processing of student training applications and cancellations for FAI-sponsored training; assist in training class management processes for FAI and other agencies'-sponsored training.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Position requires a Public Trust - active Public Trust or Secret security clearance is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Must have: strong interpersonal and communications skills; ability to clearly express ideas and solutions to customers and colleagues; well-developed presentation, telephone and writing skills; strong attributes as a team player.
Prefer 1-3 years as a Customer Service Representative or Help Desk operator for a system that has a large customer base.
Prior experience with Federal Government Civilian workforce or specifically FAITAS customer base is a plus.