We have an exciting opportunity for a Help Desk Customer Service Technician with our industry-leading client in Alexandria, Virginia (Remote until end of Covid-19).Due to client requirement, applicants must be willing and able to work on a w2 basis. For our w2 consultants, we offer a great benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance.
1. Provides phone support in compliance with established policies and procedures in order to attain contractual Service Level Agreement (SLA) metrics.
2. Diagnoses internal and external inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of USPTO desktop and universal laptop computers and USPTO customized applications/systems.
3. Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support to USPTO internal and external users/customers.
4. Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate root cause analyses, and recommend solutions using Remedy 7.6 ITService Management Suite.
5. Provides troubleshooting and support for over 200 customized applications supporting over 10,000 users.
6. Assists in the administration of remote user workstations and resolution of remote connectivity issues, as needed.
7. Provides help-desk and email support for local and off-site users.
8. Maintains current knowledge of the Windows 7 desktop environment, networking, access technologies, and applications supporting USPTO users.
9. Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software, as needed.
10. Participates in special projects, as needed.Education/Equivalent Training Required:
Experience (type and preferred # of years):
- Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience. (Note: Two additional years of full-time work experience supporting IT may be substituted for the Associates Degree)
- CompTIA A+ certification, HDI and/or Microsoft certification are a plus.
- 2 or more years of work experience with at least 1 full year of directly related IT experience supporting technical Help Desk operations supporting a large-scale government customer.
- Experience providing technical support for microcomputer hardware, networks, account administration, and office automation software via telephone, as appropriate.
- Must possess technical skills to support configuration and troubleshooting of MS Windows 7 and 10, MS Office and Outlook.
- Candidate must successfully pass a government background investigation, including a check of any criminal activity over the past 10 years, and a credit check of any financial issues over the past seven years to continue employment.
- Stringent background investigation by the government reveals all arrests within the last 10 years, even if dismissed. Credit check will also reveal all financial issues, which will need to be explained, and if payment is outstanding, will need to be made current in order to continue employment under this contract. Please make candidates aware that they will be required to provide a COURT DISPOSITION document and explanation for all arrests.
Job ID: 346974About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients' innovation and business results. Leveraging over 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don't miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!