We are seeking current Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), National Service Desk (NSD) team members as well as new applicants to apply for positions which provide information and technology support to the VA staff.
NSD provides front line support for IT services, systems and operations. As the central point of contact for enterprise-class IT service support, outage notification, and information dissemination, the NSD supports over 400,000 VA and non-VA staff and operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year. The highly critical NSD operates throughout the VA as a virtual, geographically dispersed organization, providing VA users an immediate, first line of support for IT hardware, software and connectivity problems, and requests for new services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Has vast knowledge and familiarity with given business, functional, or technical area and or disciplines
- Possess ability to communicate using terminology unique to the discipline
- Has experience in gathering and compiling information for analysis based on discussion with operational staff and reading technical documentation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers phone calls and emails
- Troubleshoots IT related issues for customers on a multitude of VA applications
- Must be able to input and document problems, findings, outcomes
- Requires high background investigation due to data sensitivity
- Education: High School or GED
- Three years of relevant experience
- Clearance Requirement - Candidates may be subject to a government background investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship is required.