We are seeking candidates for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), National Service Desk (NSD) for positions which provide information and technology support to the VA staff.
NSD provides front line support for IT services, systems and operations. As the central point of contact for enterprise-class IT service support, outage notification, and information dissemination, the NSD supports over 400,000 VA and non-VA staff and operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year. The highly critical NSD operates throughout the VA as a virtual, geographically dispersed organization, providing VA users an immediate, first line of support for IT hardware, software and connectivity problems, and requests for new services.
A Customer Service Technician is able to respond to end user request for assistance using existing manuals and scripted responses. Must be able to effectively interact with customers and be able to refer ongoing issues to the appropriate engineering support team.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers phone calls and emails.
- Troubleshoots IT related issues for customers on a multitude of VA applications.
- Must be able to input and document problems, findings, outcomes.
- Requires High BI due to data sensitivity.
- Education / Experience - High School or GED
- Clearance Requirement - Candidates may be subject to a government background investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship is required.