ECS is seeking a Help Desk Specialist - Level II
to work in our Arlington, VA
office. Job Description:
Lead a small help desk team providing hardware and software support to a 600-person Army program. Responsible for ensuring quick and timely responses to customer issues, metrics analysis and process improvement initiatives to improve support quality.
- Must maintain a professional and confident approach
- Must be proactive and self-motivated
- Must possess excellent team building skills
- Must be able to build a mutual cooperative relationship with team members and customers
- Maintains help desk ticket queue, ensures priorities and SLAs are met, tracks team progress
- Manages and creates team documentation
- Identifies continual improvements and manages improvement initiatives
- Assists VIP customers with technical issues
- On-site support in Crystal City, VA required
- Bachelor's degree and 4 or more years of progressive experience supporting large IT environments
- Active secret clearance.
- Effective communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking skills: the ability to research and understand legal and financial implications
- Excellent reading, writing and language skills
- Experience leading help desk teams, creating help desk processes
- Proven experience with Help Desk tracking systems and metrics reporting
- Help Desk system implementation experience desired
- Security+ Certification
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.