Dogwood Management Partners is seeking a Help Desk Specialist for a full-time and permanent opportunity in San Antonio, TX. This position offers a competitive salary plus industry recognized benefits, to the selected candidate.
Due to the secure nature of this government program, only those with a minimum of an Interim Secret Clearance can be considered. Therefore, no third party or visa candidates can be considered.
POSITION SUMMARY – EXPERIENCE NECESSARY IN THESE AREAS:
The ideal candidate should be able to perform the following:
- Complete service requests associated with the desktop. These service requests shall come in the form of an Enterprise Management/Tracking Systems (EMTS) trouble calls will be listed in the Remedy Queue and include, but are not limited to hardware upgrades, local software installs, printer, scanner, and other peripheral installs.
- Enter, update, and complete assignment information on all trouble calls into the Remedy System for workload tracking. Start work on Remedy tickets within 72 hours per industry standards.
- Complete the assignment information tab when a trouble call is reassigned to another work center and/or when a second Personal Computer (PC) maintenance technician assists with the trouble call.
- Provide quick solutions for user problems at this level. This assistance can be over phone or in person at either the customer's work center or in Medical Systems. Help Desk Support Services Specialist shall forward to the appropriate systems work center via designated tracking system with priority determined by current operating procedures.
- Enter, modify, and delete customer accounts on various computer systems. Help Desk Support Services Specialist shall instruct WHASC customers on the proper way to fill out account requests and verify that all required information is on the request and inform customers of current Information Assurance requirements. Complete network account requests within forty-eight (48) hours and file requests.
- Serve as first response on servers, network, phone, nurse call, and IT issues, contact necessary personnel and document any action taken in the CSC shift report.
- Maintain, install, and troubleshoot workstations, printers, fax machines, communication devices, hand-held devices, scanners, CD/DVD Read Writers, and other peripherals, following Defense Health Agency (DHA) Standard Desktop Configuration when updating systems with new software and hardware.
- Maintain a shift report. Entries are mandatory for any issues that affect the network, entire facility, email, and/or internet connection. Complete details pertaining to any outages (times, who was notified and course of action) with enough detailed information to reconstruct the issue for future resolutions. Hourly entries on the Shift Report will be made until outages/major issues are resolved.
- Have the skills and knowledge to work with the latest office automation software and network operating systems, i.e., Windows (all versions), Windows SharePoint, Microsoft Office (all versions), Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA), Composite Health Care System (CHCS), and locally developed software.
- Ensure that any government desktop, peripheral or component moved or installed into service is fully functional before departing the location. If the customer has data files, documents, or other files on the defective desktop hardware, the Help Desk Support Services Specialist shall ensure that such files (when not damaged) are transferred to the replacement computer.
- Deliver/set-up external peripheral devices. These peripherals may or may not require set-up. Examples include monitors, printers, glare guards, barcode readers, etc. CP shall be capable of lifting 40lbs in performance of duties.
- Monitor the Remedy queue to troubleshoot and resolve all operational and software problems associated with networked and standalone systems maintained under the WHASC environment.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS – EXPERIENCE NECESSARY IN THESE AREAS:
- Interim Secret Clearance
- IAT Level I Certification (at least one of the following): A+ CE or Network+ CE
- At least 3 years of recent hands-on help desk experience
- High School or equivalent
If the above experience is not reflected in your resume, we cannot consider you. Simply put, the experience must show up in your resume. Please keep this in mind.
Dogwood has been consulting on Cyber Security and related IT services for commercial clients and federal agencies since 2001. We owe our success to the professionals we have been fortunate enough to hire and retain to perform to the standards set forth by leadership within our commercial clients and the federal government. For this reason, we seek only those candidates with the highest ethical standards who meet the experience requirements for the obligations we have been entrusted with.
All responses will be held in confidence.
Dogwood Management Partners is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, Veterans, Service Disabled Veterans, and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.