CWS is looking for a Help Desk Specialist III preferably with an active SECRET clearance to serve in an advanced technical, and supervisory role on a large team providing help desk services supporting a wide range of IT issues to include computer, network, server, and security support. Candidate will oversee a portion of the help desk, ensuring they and their team members answer phones and monitor Remedy queues ensuring all incidents, problems, and requests are promptly resolved and/or escalated to meet service level agreements.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET) Service Desk
Skilled personnel in support of comprehensive enterprise functions for SIPRNET via 855-CGFixIT telephone or G ticketing system to include but not limited to the following:
•Staff a 16x5 SIPRNET Service Desk. Required coverage from 0600 to 1900, M-F. The first shift will be 0600 -1400, all contractor with exception of one work this shift. One contractor to cover 1100-1900 shift.
•Disable or Enable a User account upon notification that a user no longer requires or is authorized SIPR system access.
•Change group membership and verify user attributes.
Configure and troubleshoot SIPRNET chat configurations.
•Create and configure DISA Enterprise Email mailboxes. Provision SIPR user email boxes with G Business class email, provide guidance to users with no pre-generated email.
•Perform initial troubleshooting for user issues.
•Create and Configure user accounts and reset passwords.
•Disable inactive user accounts.
•Install approved software remotely or using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
•Conduct periodic remote restarts and client health checks for SIPRNET workstations and servers.
•Escalate unresolvable issues to the appropriate team within CGCYBER or DISA.
•Provide user assistance accessing approved non-standard web applications.
•Monitor SIPRNET chat rooms, respond to customer support requests and generate tickets as appropriate to document support provided.
•Monitor SIPRNET infrastructure monitoring tools and notify team lead and/or shift supervisor of alarms affecting government designated critical SIPRNET applications and infrastructure. When needed, request local support assistance (i.e., Base C4IT Division (BCD), Electronics Support Division (ESD), or unit technician.
•Maintain and update disaster recovery procedures.
•Assist in performing configuration and security compliance scans to include remediation of findings.
•Train others in Help Desk processes and procedures, as well as technical aspects of the job.
•Work with Government personnel to identify improvement opportunities for the Service Desk.
•Perform Functional Team Lead responsibilities IAW process guides and SOPs.
•Supervise and direct the work of others.
Core Competencies for SIPRNET Service Desk
• Demonstrated 3 years' experience with BMC Remedy for incident and problem management.
• Demonstrated ability to manage the configuration and operation of host and virtual servers.
• Demonstrated ability to perform tasks using Active Directory Users and Computers.
• Demonstrated ability to provide technical and troubleshooting support to the applications and websites.
• Demonstrated ability to respond and resolve help desk requests.
• Strong understanding of network systems and workstation/server network interface card configuration.
• Strong understanding of process management, including PKI token creation, writeable media access, and general account creation.
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communications skills
Education & Experience
• Master's degree and/or 15 years of relevant experience - Required (a Bachelor's degree and combination of additional experience, training, or certifications may be substituted)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills - Required
• IAT Level I - CompTIA A+ or Network+ required Security+ preferred.
• Secret clearance - Required (can start with Interim Secret)
Other (Travel, Work Environment, DoD 8570 Requirements, Administrative Notes, etc.)
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: [ Link Removed ]