IT Help Desk Specialist
Under the direction of the Help Desk Supervisor, the Help Desk Specialist is responsible for technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software issues. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic assessments, isolates issues, determines and implements solutions.
II. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Uses appropriate ticketing system to accurately assess, track and route issues; ensures detailed documentation on actions taken, final resolution, work in progress and/or escalation actions required.
- Provides excellent customer service by responding to inquiries received from employees in person, online or via phone; guides customer through problem-solving process, following up to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Maintains performance of computer systems by installing, modifying and/or repairing hardware and software.
- May provide support when new locations are established or new employees are hired.
- May assist in composing process documentation and/or train users on how to navigate through specific applications.
- May manage or support access control requests.
- Maintains a professional image, positive attitude, and adheres to standards consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
III. JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma required.
- Minimum 2 years related experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with various levels within the organization.
- Ability to demonstrate detail orientation and analytical skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent PC skills, including hardware and software operating systems.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Displays time management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in, or assigned to, the above position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required, and may be changed at the discretion of the company.