1 Year Contract Position - Potential to Extend
Provides Level 1 and Level 2 support. Helpdesk needs include phone support, handling minor triage issues with basic troubleshooting and escalating all other issues to Level 2 and 3 support. Responsibilities include maintaining, developing and supporting personal computers, servers, local and wide area network, software, and data communications technologies throughout the Firm, to maximize Firm-wide productivity and minimize system downtime. Assists with Helpdesk duties and installs hardware and software.
- Receive and process Service Requests and general requests and inquiries from customers, while providing first contact resolution when possible or routing as appropriate.
- Accurately classify, prioritize, and record details for all issues into the ticketing system Identify and recommend opportunities for improvement in documentation, training, and processes to ensure continuous improvement.
- Research customer questions using available information resources and provide process updates to documentation specialists as needed.
- Provide the general support environment by assisting Client's managers and other authorized requesters.
Experience and Skills Requirement:
- 1 year experience in a Customer Support role in a large organization.
- Basic understanding of fundamental operations and relevant knowledge of software such as Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and general IT exposure Knowledge of ticketing systems used within an IT environment, preferably Remedy.
- Experience working in IT Experience working with Remedy Able to communicate with peers and customers.
Candidates at a minimum should be able to:
- Provide excellent customer service (soft skills)
- Perform initial troubleshooting on client/server, networking, hardware/software, desktop devices, and end-user applications
- Log calls by accurately documenting, and verifying all client information provided, and troubleshooting steps performed
- Be able to multitask
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Be flexible with their hours as we provide support 24x7 (ensure that the resource is aware of this)
- Ability to work effectively in a group environment
- Strong customer orientation.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet service level agreements.
- 100% phone support in a technical contact center environment (enterprise level Help Desk/Service Desk).
- Minimum of 1-2 years of recent and concurrent experience in a technical contact center environment (enterprise level Help Desk/Service Desk).
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at