Help Desk Technician Level 2 - St. Louis, MO - Full time perm $50-55K
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides Tier 2 technical support for desktops, servers and network related issues.
• Installs PCs, servers, monitors, printers, scanners and other IT devices.
• Part of the IT Help Desk phone Queue.
• Provides assistance in troubleshooting various business applications.
• Perform software maintenance, installs and upgrades.
• This position requires occasional evening and/or weekend hours.
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications
• Associates degree in Computer Science (or related field) or three years of experience in a large corporate help desk environment.
• Passionate about Information Technology. Strong desire to keep pace with ever changing IT landscape.
• Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
• Strong troubleshooting skills with hardware and software, preferably in the area of windows operating systems, windows servers, networking components and infrastructure devices.
• Working knowledge of Windows 7/10, Server 2008/2012, MS SQL, Linux, TCP/IP, DNS Active Directory and VMware.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 suites, printers, file servers, security, virus protection, spam/virus filtering and Powershell scripting.
• The following certifications are preferred, but not required: A+, Network+, Security +, MCSA or CCNA.