JOB SUMMARY: Installs, modifies, and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical assistance and training to system users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent may perform one or more of the following duties)
- Troubleshoots, resolves, integrates, tests, and maintains operating systems environments such as, but not limited to: Windows 2000, MS Office, MS Exchange 5.5, etc.
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other information system-related technologies.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and trouble ticket follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex trouble tickets to supervisor or more senior-level Help Desk Analysts.
- Logs and tracks calls using problem management database, and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Works with team members to identify issue trends and suggests long-term strategies to help mitigate incoming issues.
- Trains users on software and hardware on-site.g. Installs or assists service personnel in installation of hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives on user's premises.
- Supervisory Responsibility - None
- Supervision Received - Reports directly to Lead Help Desk Analyst or Help Desk Manager; may receive assignments from senior-level Help Desk Analysts.
- Works under general supervision; following established procedures or previously issued instructions, reporting to supervisor for assistance or new instructions. Work is reviewed for results.
Level of Security Clearance - Secret [minimum]
- 8570 IAT Level II compliant - Must have Security+CE and any OS CERTIFICATION required
- Education/Experience - B.S. in related field or three years of experience in specialized field of help desk support. Relevant and equivalent experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Also requires demonstrated experience of various COTS software/hardware, and network products; Windows 2000, MS Office 2000, etc.
- Skills/Certifications/Training MS/MCP, HD/HAD, A+, Network+, MCP or similar certifications preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to react to customer issues and formulate resolutions quickly.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Internal Interaction
- External Interaction
- Physical Demands:
- May be exposed to periods of dexterous physical activity including sitting, standing, walking, and lifting objects up to 100 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Working Conditions:
- May be exposed to periods of variant ambient conditions at company and client facilities, worksites, and operating company equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.