Are you a dedicated and passionate IT professional seeking a position that offers challenging opportunities for excellence as well as the rewards of making a difference every day? VariQ is seeking the right personnel with strong Customer Service, Communication and IT Skills to join our team supporting the Information Technology Support Services for the U.S. Coast Guard Cyber Command in St. Louis, MO, Martinsburg, WV and Washington, D.C.
At VariQ we are driven by our passion for working alongside our clients to deliver proven and innovative solutions to their most challenging issues - at scale. Work with a team of leaders and difference makers who deliver the expertise of a growing mid-tier organization with the agility and personal attention of a small firm.Responsibilities
You will be part of a multi-faceted collaborative team responsible for managing and supporting the comprehensive enterprise IT Support Service functions for Incident Management, User Account Management, Access Management, Problem Management, Request Fulfillment, and a variety of other IT ad hoc requests utilizing the USCG ticketing system. Depending on the combination of personal skills, abilities, and experience along with the specific team support some of the duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Utilize the primary USCG ticketing system, currently CGFixIT (BMC Remedy™), to properly document and respond to all incidents, service requests, updates, patches, configuration changes, and maintenance IAW applicable USCG process guides, policies and procedures.
- Interface with various internal CG and DHS service providers on a wide range of issues such as Networks and Networking Equipment, Email, Domain Controllers (DC), Windows Internet Naming Service (WINS), Domain Name Service (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP), contingency support and various other IT system management software and tools.
- Keep end users informed of the status of and progress towards resolving the related Incident and/or work orders.
- Use Tech Tips, Knowledge Management, Problem Management, job aids, canned responses and all other tools available to quickly resolve issues.
- Common job activities amongst our team members are:
- User account management - creations, modifications, de-provisioning
- Resolve Common Access Card (CAC) issues
- Create users' home directories with appropriate permissions
- Add user's accounts to Distribution/Security Groups
- Create new Distribution/Security Groups - possibly mail enabled
- Modify Group Permissions on User Folders
- Create and modify Shared Mailboxes
- Create a new Exchange Public Folder (i.e. Unit Calendar, bulletin board, etc...)
- Assist users in the configuration of MS Outlook
- Edit the mail profiles through the control panel
- Reset user's password
- Rebuild user profiles (Server and Local)
NOTE: The Coast Guard Centralized Service Desk is staffed 24x7x365. Shift work and/or weekend/Holiday work may be required. Normally you will have an assigned fixed schedule.
Assigned schedules will be determined upon completion of the onboard training, passing of the qualification board, and based upon Operational Commitment! Continued employment is contingent upon passing the training and the qualification board! Qualifications
What Is In It For You
- Active Secret DoD security clearance (Intern Secret Clearance permitted)
- High School diploma or equivalent and 0-3 years' experience in a related field
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification (Sec+)
- Experience with Remedy, Windows server domain (physical and virtual), LAN/WAN and Internet systems, Office 365, Windows 10, Microsoft Office, Active Directory, file server environments, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), hardware installations (workstations, peripherals and servers)
- Ability to provide professional and courteous support to customers
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
Who We Are
- We focus on building teams of the best and brightest who are looking for careers with a growing and dynamic mid-tier company.
- Our leaders get to know you as an individual. They help you grow in a variety of directions and view you as an asset who grows with the company beyond our current contracts.
- VariQ is growing which translates into many different opportunities for you and more defined career path trajectory.
- We understand your need for work/life balance and work within contract parameters to provide as much flexibility as possible.
- We provide a comprehensive and highly competitive total compensation and benefits package that brings you real value and security to enjoy life today and plan for tomorrow.
Founded in 2003, VariQ is a premier provider of Cybersecurity, Software Development and Cloud services to federal, state, and local government. Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, VariQ is a multiple award-winning company that emphasizes innovation, quality, and professional excellence in the development of advanced technology systems.
**We require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 (or have an approved accommodation) by January 4, 2022.**VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace. EEO is the Law