Join our team at Summit Technologies, Inc. We have several opportunities for Tier II Deskside Support Technician. These full-time positions are located onsite in Montgomery, AL.
Provide Tier II support and maintenance to End-User’s IT devices. Investigate and resolve incidents and service requests unable to be resolved by Tier I. You will also be responsible for documenting known errors and workarounds in the knowledge database.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide on-site Tier II break-fix service.
- Perform activities associated with installing, diagnosing, repairing, reimaging, managing of end-user devices and servicing desk side computer-related products and legacy systems.
- Perform regular, special, and integrated system test programs as directed.
- Consult with customer regarding pre- and post-installation problems.
- Utilize and monitor the BMC Remedy ticket tracking system.
- Diagnose incidents and escalate to appropriate Tier III support as needed.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Experience & Skills:
- 4+ years of experience providing IT Deskside support.
- Experience utilizing BMC Remedy or commonly used ticketing systems.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Experience working with the Department of Defense preferred.
Education & Certifications:
- Associates degree in a technical field. Two years of specialized experience may be substituted for a degree.
- An IAT- Level II 8140 certification (aka 8570 certification) (i.e. Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC or SSCP).
- An HDI Desktop Advanced Support Technician (HDI-DAST) certification. Cost for on-line training class and exam will be paid for by Summit.
- Active Top Secret
- Secret clearance with eligibility to obtain a top secret
If you are a good match and interested in more information, please reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org, place "5773" in the email subject line, and forward the following information:
- Updated resume in Word format; including MM/YYYY for each employer
- Best times and ways (email address and phone numbers) to reach you
- Desired compensation (salary or hourly-no benefits)
- Availability to interview and start
Summit Technologies Inc. appreciates your interest. We will contact the best prospects and will consider you for future opportunities. We will not submit your resume without your prior knowledge and consent. Summit Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.