Under general supervision, this position provides technical and operational support of computers, peripherals, endpoints and audio visual systems. Troubleshoots and resolves problems with limited scope. Provides technical and operational support in the implementation of IT programs and project initiatives. Adheres to IT best practices, corporate and security policy. Due to the nature of this position, and the requirement for extended coverage, this position may be required to work hours outside of a regular schedule. Responsibilities:
- Responds to Helpdesk Requests and Change Requests following standard operating practices and procedures (SOP). Troubleshoots and resolves operational deficiencies in operating systems and application software. Provides technical support and user assistance for multi platform endpoint systems, telecommunications, mobile devices, networking and conference support.
- Provides operational support performing a range of administrative tasks, including warranty and license maintenance, records management, configuration management, office administration, scripting SOP problem resolution guides, conference support schedules, IT inventory processing and maintaining the tape/disk library and media libraries for offsite storage.
- Assists in the implementation of IT technology initiatives. Partners with the engineering staff to ensure the successful deployment and transition of operational support.
- Maintains all systems to meet or exceed the business and security requirements in accordance with IDA, DOD, NSA, DISA and DSS directives and guidelines.
- Administers and maintains classified and unclassified systems and services, ensuring optimum performance and availability.
- Communicates all computer network, system and service problems and outages immediately to the IT Service Desk Supervisor and/or EITO Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field with one year minimum experience supporting microcomputer software, hardware, associated peripherals, networks and computer user support OR high school diploma with three years minimum experience supporting microcomputer software, hardware, associated peripherals, networks and computer user support.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems; experience with Mac, UNIX and Linux desired.
- Working knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/IP, network cabling, wireless, and remote access methodologies
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with general to no supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form and with all levels of employees; possess good interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to work hours outside of a regular schedule.
- US citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate security clearances.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DOD 8570 IAT II certification.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
IDA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a fair recruiting process and working environment free from discrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more about IDA's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.