Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for Helpdesk/Desktop Support Technicians for a contract assignment with one of our premier financial services clients with an office location in Newark, NJ. This is for an immediate start for an urgent Business Continuity project. After the conclusion of this project, you may have an opportunity to work on a Windows 10 migration project. Responsibilities
- Build and deploy images for laptops and desktops for remote use as well as for a business continuity site.
- Maintain desktop software and hardware,
- Provide support to users for basic software and hardware of end-user computing and desktop-based systems.
- Troubleshoots problems
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- This role will NOT involve building servers or configuring network devices.
- Expect to work off-hours when necessary within 7 am 8 pm window of time. Some weekend work may be required at times.
- Experience with both Windows 7 and 10
- Working knowledge of Systems Administration for Windows
- Some knowledge of IP networking is desirable
- Experience with troubleshooting and using diagnostic tools to evaluate and determine the next steps to correct issues
- Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with a focus on timeliness, documentation, and communications with peers and business users alike.
- Ability to listen and communicate with clients to effectively solve issues and provide excellent customer support
- Results-oriented, business-focused, and successful at interfacing across multiple organizational units
- Undergraduate degree inComputer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
Lastly, the firm may also be looking at one of the resources to have hands-on technical lead experience.
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com