Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group,is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Our people are our greatest strength and make Berkadia a great place to work, creating an environment of trust, mutual respect, innovation and collaboration. We invest in our people through our commitment to training, product development and enhancements in technology making Berkadia a truly innovative and supportive organization.
• Provide first level contact and convey resolutions to customer issues
• Track, route and redirect problems to correct resources
• Walk customers through problem solving process
• Follow up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution
• Update customer data and produce activity reports
• Ensure proper recording, documentation and closure
• Research, document, resolve and respond to technical questions from our employees
• Assist in the imaging and deployment of desktop and laptop computers
• Assist in the documentation of technology related assets
• Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support
• Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations
• Recommended procedure modifications or improvements
• Preserve and grow their knowledge of help desk procedures, products and services
What the Helpdesk Engineer will need to be successful in this role
• Proficient in MS Office Suite, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 and Mac OSX
• Proficient on Apple, Android and Windows mobile devices
• Microsoft, CompTIA, Apple Certifications (preferred but not required)
• Strong client-facing and communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Awesome customer service skills and the ability to provide support to all level of employees
• Ability to manage expectations, informing stakeholders of potential delays due to conflicting priorities
• Can-do, proactive attitude that can mean making suggestions and giving options rather than waiting for answers.
• Ability to work after hours and on-call weekend rotation
• Ability to travel up to 15% of the time (approximately 1-2 weeks every Quarter)
What’s required for this role:
• High School Diploma, GED/equivalent certification or equivalent military experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Minimum of three (3) years of experience providing onsite and/or remoted helpdesk support
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.