The Institute for Defense Analyses Information Technology department is seeking an individual that is technically savy and customer service oriented to join our Helpdesk team. The Helpdesk Specialist is the first line of resolution for all technical inquiries from IDA staff members. This role is responsible for providing support to end users for computer, application, system, device, access and hardware issues. The incumbent will identify and resolve technical problems via telephone, email, remotely or in-person. Due to the nature of this position, and the requirement for extended coverage, this position may be required to work hours outside of a regular schedule. #ITatIDA Responsibilities
- Responds to Helpdesk Requests and Change Requests following standard operating practices and procedures (SOP). Troubleshoots and resolves operational deficiencies in operating systems and application software. Provides technical support and user assistance for multiplatform endpoint systems, telecommunications, mobile devices, networking and conference support.
- Provides operational support performing a range of administrative tasks, including warranty and license maintenance, records management, configuration management, office administration, scripting SOP problem resolution guides, conference support schedules, IT inventory processing and maintaining the tape/disk library and media libraries for offsite storage.
- Assists in the implementation of IT technology initiatives. Partners with the engineering staff to ensure the successful deployment and transition of operational support.
- Maintains all systems to meet or exceed the business and security requirements in accordance with IDA, DOD, NSA, DISA and DSS directives and guidelines.
- Administers and maintains classified and unclassified systems and services, ensuring optimum performance and availability.
- Communicates all computer network, system and service problems and outages immediately to the IT Service Desk Supervisor and/or EITO Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and one year of relevant experience performing IT functions; OR, three years of relevant IT experience in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Experience with Active Directory account creations and Active Directory permissions.
- Working knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/IP, network cabling, wireless, and remote access methodologies.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with general to no supervision.
- Must be willing to work hours outside of a regular schedule.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form and with all levels of employees; possess good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DOD 8570 IAT II certification.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer