A Helpdesk Specialist job in San Diego, California is available through Modis. The Helpdesk Specialist will have the responsibility of becoming the subject matter expert on several of the software systems in use and will assist users on various software related issues. This role will help support all day-to-day use, maintenance and system upgrades related to our core business systems. This position will provide support to all employees over the phone, face-to-face, or electronically; sound judgment and professionalism is required.
The right candidate will have 1-3 years of experience, directly supporting end users on a variety of software platforms, in a helpdesk setting.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems
- Respond to telephone calls, instant messages, email and personnel requests for technical support
- Track and document all IT Support Tickets using a helpdesk ticketing system
- Act as a liaison with other departments to support their specific application needs
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot software problems
- Recommend, test and schedule updates to software systems
- Create and maintain inventory documentation on all IT related software licensing
- Provide end user support for IT-managed applications and software
- Perform other duties or special projects as requested related to area of responsibility
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Previous experience working with SharePoint Online or Oracle technologies is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2013 & 2016
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 environments, including Exchange online.
- Knowledge of PDF readers\editing software (Bluebeam or Adobe)
- Knowledge of helpdesk systems and remote support tools (ManageEngine, GoTo Assist)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1 and 10
- Ability to perform remote installation and troubleshooting of application configurations on laptops, desktops and tablets.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and achieve results
- Must have a strong work ethic, organizational skills, the desire to learn, and not be afraid to ask questions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times