PSR Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA.
Data Architect Job Description:
The Role is a contract to hire. Please note that it is a Data Architect role:
A R&D Technical Leader/Data Architect at EPRI offers solutions to the EPRI community concerning data ingestion, structure, data privacy and security, and ultimately use in analytics projects. A majority of the position’s responsibilities will involve project work working closely with IT infrastructure and applications architects to insure data and analytics solutions are designed and implemented that ultimately meet R&D needs and requirements. This position also, involves customer contact and interaction thus requiring excellent people skills along with the technical requirements. Experience with data analytics and data management tools is required.
•Work with the Data Analytics Initiative team in the development, implementation, verification and enforcement of data management and governance processes, guidelines and applications.
•Assist in the development and maintenance of documentation that details our data management lifecycle and governance oversight.
•Research new methods and technologies in data storage, management and analytics.
•Consult with end users regarding their data management needs, making recommendations for new products and solutions.
•Continue to be educated on new and emerging data access, processing and storage technologies that may be deployed within EPRI.
•Ability to work across all phases of data modeling, from conceptualization to visualization and database optimization. This extends to SQL development and database administration.
•Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources and creates requirements documentation
•Coordinates design and development of new data sources and usage ensuring consistency and integration with existing warehouse structure
•Designs extract, transform and load logic of data, analyzes data logs for enhancing performance and increased functionality
•Designs controls and monitoring mechanisms to ensure accuracy and data integrity
•Coordinates development of and / or develops data integration processes
•Designs, develops, tests and deploys dashboards, scorecards, reports and alerts/notifications for the presentation of business metrics according to business user requirements consistent and integrated with data management and governance processes.
•Develops support documents for data governance lifecycle and provides user support and training
Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience require
• 8-10 years of engineering experience or comparable work/educational experience.
• Data Governance experience is a plus
• Knowledge of Informatica tools fro governance and big data are a plus
• Ability to recognize strategic issues and build collaborative projects.
• Required limited supervision and guidance
• Responsible for the success of individual projects
• Works closely with members, contractors, staff to manage projects
• Experience in successful proposal preparation, and marketing activities.
• Manages multiple projects
• Responsible for project budgets, schedules, deliverables, and technology transfer
• Shows maturity of technical expertise and assumes responsibility for highly specialized technical objectives
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Individual contributor
• Increasing technical depth/breadth to become a subject matter expert