RedLine Performance Solutions (RedLine) has been in the HPC solutions engineering services business for approximately 20 years and is consistently determined to keep the "bar of excellence" quite high for new hires. This enables RedLine to accomplish what other firms cannot and promotes a high level of staff retention. We offer services ranging from full life cycle HPC systems engineering to remote managed services to HPC program analysis. We are looking for an HPC System Administrator to join us.
We have a team of HPC Engineers who design, implement, upgrade, optimize, and support a wide range of HPC solutions from a variety of HPC vendors. This team focuses on HPC systems-level work across a variety of commercial and Federal customers. Although we have strong relationships with HPC vendors, one of our corporate discriminators is we have enough expertise and experience to be vendor agnostic to best meet our customers' unique requirements. The work is tremendously interesting with no end to the learning curve.
====ship and current/active Top Secret security clearance are requirements to apply. The position is onsite in Aberdeen, MD. Preference is for local candidates, but we will consider relocation as well. This full-time position offers a full benefits package including paid time off, 401k match, and health care benefits.
- Provide approximately 75% software and 25% hardware technical support and maintenance for Cray Inc. massively parallel (MPP) or Cluster systems.
- Analyzes system software and hardware issues. Determines solution and implements repair or workaround when possible.
- Escalates problems to product support groups and appropriate management to ensure timely resolution of system or customer issues.
- Answers customer inquiries concerning system software, hardware and applications.
- Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment and software.
- Instructs customers in system operation and maintenance.
- Responsible for utilizing and managing maintenance software and diagnostics tools.
- Knowledge and experience of Linux/Unix operating systems, file systems, networking and security.
- Acquaintance with specific needs of HPC users desired.
- Programming and scripting knowledge and experience (e.g. Perl, Python, C++, etc.) highly desirable.
- Ability to gather data, perform analysis and escalate to a higher level of support.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to investigate and resolve complex problems as part of a team.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good interpersonal skills, customer relations skills and problem management skills, with the ability to stay calm and professional under pressure while working to strict deadlines.
- Occasional travel for training or to help support remote systems is required.
- Must be willing to share on-call duties with other staff to provide 24x7 support.
- Must have Top Secret Clearance
- Must have Security+ and Linux+
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical degree, or equivalent of education and experience.
- 8 years of experience, preferable in an HPC-related area.