IT Project manager with Cots Product experience Location: McLean, VA Duration: 6-8 months with possible extension Position Overview:
- The Project Management role will be part of the Enterprise BTO - Corporate Technology organization within the Information Technology Division at client.
- The position will be responsible for the planning and execution of IT projects for the Business portfolios (Administration, Legal, and Corporate Services) supported by the Enterprise BTO – Corporate Technology team. Managing such projects will involve leading a cross functional team to achieve project objectives, managing the project through the entire life cycle, and managing scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risks and issues.
- Supporting the planning and management of all efforts associated with the project, including: development and management of business cases, approvals, work plans, defining and delivering individual project deliverables as part of the overall program objectives, managing the expectation of all stakeholders, organizing and addressing emerging business/project requirements, managing project relationships and integrations, and managing more than one project/project team in delivery of commitments.
- Develop and manage a set of scope of work within a project to be delivered through effective expectations setting, communication, change management, and overall business understanding of project needs
- Report project progress, issues and risks through weekly status reports
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form, as well as have an ability to be clear and concise in all communication
- Accurately assess the risks and issues associate with each project, and systematically manage and report on risks/issues
- Work independently with limited direction from the PM Tech Lead or PM Manager. Able to independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
- 8 to 10 years of technical project management experience and implementing IT systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and agile certifications
- Strong background delivering projects for Enterprise IT applications using COTS and SaaS products
- Strong high level understanding of fundamental and current IT concepts for efficient project planning and execution
- Proficiency and experience utilizing methodologies (Agile, SDLC, IDM)
- Ability to report on project level plans/progress to Technical and Business partners at various levels (staff level to Senior Executive level)
- Microsoft Suite (word, excel, PowerPoint, Visio, project, Share point) experience
- Ability to develop metrics toward achievement of plans/projects
- Strong facilitation and process-driven analytical skills
- Provide thought leadership to the Business and IT team where and when necessary