Hospital Logistics Manager( Healthcare/ Hospital experience needed)
Responsible for all supply chain management and logistics activity in the procedure departments , leading to a performance of an effective and resource-effective materials management system. Ensures the highest possible supply service levels while maintaining strong expense control to include managing the supply inventory, physician product preferences and revenue generation (patient charge). Responsible for the creation and the generation of analytical tools that are required to support the operation. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties of the Interim Resource will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible and accountable for logistics and distribution resources/structures, processes/practices/tools and key performance indicators that enable outstanding service to geographic area of responsibility.Monitors the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of the movement and storage of goods.
- Allocates and manages staff resources according to changing needs.
- Assists with emergency management planning and response with command center operations
- Monitor, manage and work closely with primary distributor and overall vendor performance
- Works with logistics and distribution leadership team to identify and execute optimum processes for inbound freight to ensure right stuff, right place, right time, and to ensure lowest possible cost.
- Manages an optimal warehouse operation, including receiving docks, storerooms, shipping areas, and all processes related to warehouse operation.
- Maintains stock levels, adjusting levels based on consumption trends and reordering in a timely and accurate fashion to ensure end users have what they need when they need it using a just in time or low unit of measure inventory management approach. Manages inventory to ensure the System is not at risk based on expiration dates. Ensures routine checking of dates, pulling of products from inventory and proper disposal.
- Provide input to the strategic sourcing function in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and substitutions
- Help support inventory reporting for ad-hoc and emergency operations data requests.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with clinicians, purchasing and logistics to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for inventory planning
- Closely coordinate and communicate product outages and substitutions
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Healthcare Management;
- 3 years of progressive experience in healthcare in a surgical setting: office management, budgeting, professional and facility billing, inventory management, vendor negotiations, and variance reporting experience.
- Working knowledge ofMicrosoft Word, Excel and Access software applications.
Supply Chain, Logistics, Warehouse, buyer, inventory, material management