Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services. Hosting Services - Lead Delivery Engineer
New York, Boston, Hermitage, TN
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation. Work you'll do
You will be responsible for designing application hosting solutions, leading POC's, and spearheading implementation efforts with engineering and application product teams in the Compute Services engineering and operations organization. In this role you will also engage in the solution proposal process which involves researching and finding the appropriate technology, educating, and creating the approach to implement that technology. Responsibilities Include:
- Leads and promotes strategic direction of IT Infrastructure Technologies based on business requirements
- Serves as a point cross-functional technical leader on various projects
- Develops and maintains solution architecture blueprints
- Envisions, develops, proves and articulates innovative solutions to business requirements
- Defines systems/platforms architecture and integration strategy and recommend design solutions
- Evaluates and recommends technology acquisitions and alternative solutions/methodologies/strategies
- Performs Proof of Concept testing in a lab environment
- Coordinates work plans to achieve expected results per expected timelines by utilizing resources from all parts of ITS organization.
- Anticipates business needs and researches technologies that would be appropriate to meet those business needs
- Articulates emerging technologies, their strengths, weaknesses, risks and their application within enterprise
- Advises and consults on technologies costs, benefits, and implementation requirements
- Seeks opportunities to implement standards, policies, and process improvements
- Develops processes to ensure alignment between the business strategies and applied technology roadmap
- Understands all options available and objectively presents those options to management and leadership
- Acts as an internal consultant on many initiatives
- Able to articulate architecture proposals relevant to the audience
- Proves the feasibility of proposals through lab work including custom development proofs of concept and mock-ups
- Actively promotes teamwork and inclusion to ensure that all views are heard and requirements are accounted for
- Resolves any conflicts within project teams and seeks reconciling of disagreements
- Builds consensus and always encourages dialogue
- Identifies the peer groups who should be participating to ensure consistency and success
- Listens effectively
- Effectively builds organizational partnerships and networks
- Exhibits high level of professional flexibility
- Understands the nature of changing priorities and adapts their workload accordingly
- Plans, organizes, and controls multiple responsibilities to achieve various project objectives
- Understands how to socialize ideas and approaches to garner support
- Possesses a great deal of independence
- Asks thought-provoking questions that result in actionable technological patterns or solutions
- Technically guides projects through to completion
- Champions structure, process, best practices, and standards
- Accepts and manages ambiguity and complexity, as well as the changing requirements and expectations as business perspectives evolve as more relevant information surfaces
- Able to identify the need to revise scope and requirements
- Deals effectively with change barriers and project constrains
- Guides others through change process that may be needed due to introduction of new technology or direction
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence. The ~2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
Technology & Infrastructure
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
The Technology and Infrastructure Organization works together to transform how ITS deploys technologies and services to meet the dynamic needs of Deloitte professionals and help increase their productivity. Qualifications
- Systems or relevant experience and accomplishments
- 15+ years experience in IT field
- 10+ years experience with Microsoft platform technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Visio, Word and PowerPoint to prepare architecture blueprints and position papers
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing, and reasoning skills
- Demonstrated industry experience with IT infrastructure and/or Internet companies preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge or private cloud IT tools, automation, and service management platforms and functions.
• Demonstrated experience around designing architecture, leading POC's, and leading implementation efforts.
- Demonstrated experience in leading the solution design process: articulating the value of a technology, researching and finding the appropriate technology, evangelizing, educating and creating the steps to implement that technology.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and evangelize business value of technology to internal and external clients.
- Excellent understanding of computer networks as they relate to software and database design, development and implementation. This includes knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, Routers, Firewalls, Load Balancing, Security Certificates and DMZ environments.
- Demonstrated ability to keep abreast of IT industry and technology trends.
- Exposure to multiple hosting environments such as AIX, Linux, Windows Server, HP Servers.
- Demonstrated understanding of design principles for solutions such as Storage Area Networks, Data Protection, and Directory Services.
- Knowledge of enterprise strategies and project management processes.
- Ability to articulate complex processes in clear and concise documentation.
- Ability to lead people, provide direction and set clear objectives.
- Ability to follow through on expectations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience works on projects that span entire IT segments where analysis of systems or data requires an in-depth evaluation of complex business process, system process, and industry standards.
• VMare/ Vencer/ Vrealize Suite
• IIS, SQL
• AD, Hypervisor orchestration, vRealize suite
• Server OS's Windows, AIX, UNIX, VMWare
• IP Networking, WAN Routers, LAN switches, Telephony How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and culture inspires our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be balanced, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are constantly looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.