Cerner's UX team is looking for a Human Factors Researcher II. Human Factors Researchers assist internal development teams on user interface design and usability through application of human factors principles, standards, and methodology to identify and mitigate design induced end-user performance issues. In this role you'll be responsible for understanding the vision of Cerner domains and using this knowledge to communicate user research findings to engineering and solution owners. You'll be responsible for collaborating with other members of the User Experience team to solve complex design challenges and understand the end-user requirements at each stage of the development process. You'll conduct quantitative and qualitative usability research studies in terms of efficiency, effectiveness, acceptability, training impact, and error tolerance for a project. You'll interpret and analyze the results of usability research to validate the success of a design based on established usability goals and common heuristics. You'll present and communicate your usability research findings to project teams and stakeholders. As a Human Factors Researcher, you will help to define participant requirements for human factors researcher studies, advise internal development teams on user interface design and usability, and facilitate the most effective method to elicit and represent user-centered design across all Intellectual Property domains.Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- At least 6 years of total combined higher education and related work experience, including:
- At least 1 year of Human factors research work experience
- At least 5 years of higher education and/or additional work experience directly related to the duties of the job, including:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Factors Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Ergonomics, or other related field
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of the position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important - people's health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.EEO is the Law (English)E-Verify Participation (English)Right to Work (English)EEO is the Law (Spanish)E-Verify Participation (Spanish)Right to Work (Spanish)