Come Build The World With Us
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights. Who We Are
We're the World's largest tool company. We're industry visionaries. We're solving problems and advancing the manufacturing trade through innovative technology and our Industry 4.0 Initiative. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art "smart factory" products and services provide greater quality to our customers & greater environmental and social value to our planet. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company.Who You Are
You're a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You're creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You're agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
What You'll Do
- Bachelor's degree in a related field with a minimum of 5 years HR related experience
- Experience working on complex assignments requiring a high degree of initiative, resourcefulness and sound judgment to resolve issues.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills,strong attention to detail,being able to work under tight deadlines, and manage multiple priorities
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, the ability to always remain organized and complete quality work
- Experience using research methods effectively for data collection, diagnostic, and analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert level of knowledge of local and Federal employment law
- Demonstrated advanced working knowledge of the MS Office suite, including strong Excel and Power Point
- Experience with HRIS systems, Workday, and SAP preferred
- Ability to interact effectively with senior leadership
- Must be comfortable in a diverse, fast-paced environment, with rapidly changing priorities
As a Human Resources Manager, you'll be in the fast-paced Ft. Mill Manufacturing (FM MFG) facility The HR Manager will develop HR policy and directs and coordinates human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services for the (FM MFG). The HR Manager will lead the HR team and be directly responsible for, but not limited to, wage analysis, recruiting of temporary and permanent employees, compensation and benefits revisions, and other projects to support the FM MFG management team. Specifically, you'll:
Benefits & Perks
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Writes directives advising department managers of Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan. Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Writes and delivers presentations to management staff regarding human resources policies and practices.
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees, search firms, or relocation services.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Support the Environmental Health and Safety team investigate accidents and provide guidance in preparing reports for insurance carrier.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward SBD goals.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Prepares budget of human resources operations.
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners. What You'll Also Get Career Opportunity
: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.Learning & Development
: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).Diverse & Inclusive Culture
: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too. Purpose-Driven Company
: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.