Honu Services is seeking a dynamic, detailed oriented Human Resources Generalist to join our company. The HR Generalist manages the administration of the human resource policies, procedures, and programs. The HR Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: departmental development, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, and employment. Under the general supervision of the Vice President of Human Resources.
- Must have strong HR fundamentals and general knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Demonstrated experience with performance management
- Interpersonal and influencing skills with leaders, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Reconcile/validate data entry to ensure data integrity, and supporting routine reporting
- Requires collaborative work behaviors and ability to consult effectively and independently
- Proficient in Office 365
- Conduct on-boarding of newly hired employees
- Experience in intense multi-tasking HR roles
- Team player-ability to work within and across organizational boundaries and geographic locations
- Self-Starter and the ability to work remotely
- Strong knowledge and understanding of both state and federal employment laws
- Maintain compliance with all federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Provide training to employees and leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Maybe assigned to other tasks as required
- Experience in investigating and helping to resolve Employee Relations issues and complaints. Focuses on creating a positive employee relations environment and culture.
- Experience in planning, organizing and administering Human Resources programs, processes and activities.
- Must be capable of serving as the primary contact to front-line and mid-level leaders for their organization on important matters relating to organizational strategies and effectiveness.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Occasional travel up to possibly 25%
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business or Organizational Development or equivalent
- Three to five plus years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, employee relations, safety, training and preventive labor relations preferred.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weigh up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Vision abilities required in this job include close vision.
- Escondido or San Diego, CA (remote location)
- Honolulu, Hawaii
Please note: Honu Services, Inc. reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Honu Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally.