Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology - a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below ...
The Solutions Network (SNET) Practice
Deloitte's Solutions Network (SNET) is a global network that connects Deloitte's solution centers, extended delivery centers, clients, and vendor partners. The primary focus of the SNET is to support client development projects, client pursuits, solution development, and practice development. The SNET does this by providing project teams with a hosted infrastructure that includes a large mix of hardware vendors, operating systems, and technical application expertise. The SNET also provides on-site technical architecture and application experts for Deloitte's clients.
The Solution Network consists of experts with knowledge of all major packaged applications and technologies - PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, Siebel, middleware, BI/DW, JAVA, .NET, networking, SAN, server virtualization, etc. SNET staff is also exposed to new and emerging technology, and in many cases serve as an R&D function for Deloitte.
Hyperion Senior Solution Specialist Scope
The Solutions Network, Oracle Hyperion Senior Solution Engineer will be responsible for providing technical leadership and assistance for Oracle Hyperion and technology products supported by the Solutions Network. It is required for this position to be located in Orlando, FL. This will also be part of the larger SNET Oracle team which includes Philadelphia - PA, Gilbert - AZ, Hyderabad and Bengaluru - India. This position will be focused on supporting the client engagements requiring Oracle Hyperion Administration, and also to support the applications and database needs for developing go to market solutions. Supported systems will span all flavors of Windows, UNIX, and Linux along with Oracle cloud and other cloud service provider platforms. In addition to hands-on technical work this position will require providing assistance to project teams with architecture design, upgrades, performance tuning, systems stabilization, documentation development and the creation of client deliverables.
This position may require up to 25% travel.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline
• 7+ years experience installing, configuring, administering, tuning, and troubleshooting Oracle Hyperion on Linux, UNIX and Windows platform.
• Experience and in-depth knowledge of application administration and strong DBA background in Oracle Hyperion.
• Strong database administration, RAC, Performance tuning, and Backup and Recovery skills in Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c, and RAC on UNIX, Linux and Windows environments.
• Experience in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and managing Oracle products on Oracle other cloud platforms a plus.
• Deep understanding of Oracle's current product line; RDBMS, WebLogic Server, Middleware, Application suite of products, Replication products (Data Guard and Golden Gate).
• Experience of Oracle Applications Solutions offering products and their integration with Hyperion a plus (e-Business Suite, OBIEE, PeopleSoft, JDE, Planning and Budget Cloud Services, etc)
• Experience in Oracle Engineered Systems (Exadata, Exalogic and Exalytics) is a plus.
• Creative person who has developed innovative approaches to developing solutions.
• Goal oriented with high standards for quality and performance
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Prior consulting experience is desired.
• Committed to gaining exposure to multiple packages/applications while further developing your career.
• Proven skills as a team member on at least two or more full cycle implementations
• Ability to mentor and manage junior team members.
• Ability to support multiple projects environments simultaneously.
• Oracle RDBMS - 9i/10g/11g/12c/19c database
o Oracle Installation and database creation; DBA skills (physical design)
o Oracle Programming Skills (SQL, PL/SQL)
o Understanding of tools to manipulate data
o Performance Tuning
o Use of Oracle Enterprise Manager and other equivalent tools
o Oracle Real Applications Clusters (RAC)
o Backup, recovery and High Availability configuration
• Oracle Hyperion Technology
o Installation and configuration of version 11.1.2.x
o Patching and upgrade of Hyperion and its components
o Administration of Essbase, HFM, Planning, DRM, HSF, Smart view and ODI
o Data migration including LCM and Essbase migration
o Performance tuning
o Experience of Hyperion on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure a plus
• Oracle Business Intelligence Technology
o Installation, upgrade and configuration of Oracle BI components
o Migration and refresh, and deployment of BI Apps and repositories
o Performance tuning of WebLogic and database for BI
o Oracle Data Integrator, and other ETL tools a plus
o Experience in Oracle Analytics Cloud a plus
• Unix, Linux, Windows and Scripting
o Knowledge of Unix (Solaris, AIX, HP), Linux (Red Hat , OEL) and Windows Operating system
o Shell and batch script Programming skills
o Python and automation programming skills a plus
• Oracle Cloud Infrastructure services
o Maintenance of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure tenancy
o Configuration and administration of resources (compute, storage and network)
o Knowledge of OCI concepts - Regions, Availability Domains, load balancing, Identity and Access Management, Connectivity etc.
o Exposure to various Oracle Cloud and Database Service offerings
o Experience in migrating or lift and shift of applications and database to OCI
• No Sponsorship: Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• Lake Mary, FL
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.