Job Description – Major Functions & Duties:
Senior level Financial systems analyst and reporting developer role with focus around Hyperion Essbase systems. Requires advanced finance / accounting knowledge as well as deep understanding of Essbase and all associated tools and technologies.
- Capable of implementation and configuration of PCBS of Essbase applications such as Oracle PBCS, Oracle OACS, Oracle FCCS, Oracle Hyperion.
- Apply advanced Finance / Accounting knowledge to understanding Client requirements and to drive out the most suitable report definitions that would help streamline the close process, including eliminations, allocations, and reconciliations.
- Provide expertise related to configuration and setups, establishing outlines, developing calculations, rules, Web Forms, Smart Views, Security and application validation.
- Manage and ensure that financial data loaded to various Hyperion Planning systems are complete and that validation checks are performed throughout the process
- Collaborate with client Planning and Budgeting teams to drive the implementation of new annual budget processes.
- Collaborate with Client teams to develop Essbase applications which improve financial reporting and improve monthly close processes.
- Translate Client requirements into detailed technical designs
- Capable of recommending best practices for use of Essbase oriented financial reporting
- Capable of designing and building out Hyperion based applications and associated tools
Experience (must have):
- BS Accounting, Finance or related field, with strong IT / Technical experience, preferably also having a CPA, Chartered Accountant or MBA.
- Client Facing Experience and proven to be effective working with a wide range of customers including CFO’s, Controller’s and Accounting Managers.
- 10 or more years of hands-on Hyperion Planning and Essbase experience, in a support/development environment.
- Advanced level understanding of financial statements
- Advanced knowledge of Hyperion Essbase (ASO, BSO, Calculation Scripts, Rules, MDX, MAXL)
- Advanced knowledge of Smart view and Financial Reporting Studio
- Experience in Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), FDM, ODI
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast-paced environment and keep management adequately informed.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and troubleshoot complex issues and requirements.
Software / Modules / Versions:
- Oracle PBCS and/or Hyperion and all associated tools
- Oracle Bi-Publisher (preferred)
- Oracle EBS and / or Oracle PeopleSoft ERP
Nice to have:
This is a full time salaried with benefits position with Highstreet IT. Contractors may be considered. Consultant must be able to travel to be onsite with client M-TH. Highstreet IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V. “In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”