We are looking for a strong and experienced Software Development Manager for Google in Mountain View, CA. .
You will be leading internationalization efforts where you will be the internal advocate for users worldwide. It involves working with a wide range of internal engineering teams to drive and improve global-ready development practices and help optimize software for certain locales and languages to finally deliver the right product in the locale.
The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and has experience in software development/ SDET/ project management/ solution architecture/ business analysis or related fields.
The Team leader must uphold certain specifications and skills:
- Ability to successfully handle multiple challenges, prioritize responsibilities, strong project management and effectively lead a team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or proven ability to code.
- Proven experience in managerial roles that are software related
- Familiarity with Web/Mobile Technologies
- Must be able to manage and create tasks for one’s self. Comfortable in working in an unstructured environment.
- Creative thinking and problem solving abilities .
- Experience in research or data analysis - big plus.
Your day to day:
- Working with senior management to gather and document requirements for new features, and communicating them to engineering teams
- Working closely with developers and engineering teams to ensure timely delivery of assets and specs
- Work with engineering teams across the company to define and implement internationalization requirements at the source and develop advanced algorithm
- Find efficient workflows that deliver a truly global user experience without slowing down the engineering process
- Ensure that language and local market requirements are understood and supported from a technical perspective
- Ensure projects are well-planned, executed efficiently, and delivered with high quality.
- Perform hands-on tasks, to assist the team in software development, when needed
- Identify significant risks and unknowns, and define and drive resolution plans.
- Manage cross team dependencies, and coordinate cross-team initiatives and blocking issues.
- Track and ensure release criteria are met.
- Perform higher-level project tracking, reporting and metrics across Engineering.
- Manage engineering staffing, allocation, and tracking
- Drive information sharing, and capturing and disseminating of best practices across Engineering.
If you like what you have read, send us your resume and let’s start talking!