Client: Fortune 50 Financials Org.
ONLY ACCEPTING W2 CANDIDATES. NO CORP-CORP OR SPONSORSHIP
Seeking Senior DB2 UDB Database Administrator Consultant who is responsible for database administration in a fast-paced operations environment supporting 24x7 business critical applications using analytical and transactional databases primarily on DB2 LUW with DPF and secondary level on Oracle databases. Database Administrator will be able to perform troubleshooting any database issues, performance analysis, ensuring database security, evaluating new database trends and technologies, developing and testing Unix shell scripts, PERL scripting and coding required for database administration and associated database tools.
• Provide DBA support on all aspects of databases administration including backup/recovery, replication, deployment and real time production troubleshooting responsibilities on DB2 UDB databases with DPF.
• Install, configure, monitor, upgrade and maintain database in production and non-production environments
• Provide 24x7 on call DBA support for production environment on rotation and need basis
• Willing to work on shifts that may include night and weekends
• Provide Database deployment support for Test and Production environments
• Diagnose and address database performance issues using performance monitors and various tuning techniques
• Interact with Storage and Systems administrators on Linix/Unix/VM operating systems issues related to Databases
• Able to write database maintenance and automation scripts
• Configure and maintain Database High availability
• Support data guard replication
• Troubleshoot database production problems and database connectivity issues
• Implement DR solutions
• Ability to work well as a team and as an individual with minimal supervision
• More than 7 years of experience in Database administration
• Solid understanding of Database technology – DB2 UDB Distributed databases including DPF.
• Extensive Database performance tuning experience
• Deep knowledge of industry-standard, enterprise-class best practices for a large database environment
• Good understanding of Linux/VM platform
• Deep understanding of HA, DR Database and storage technologies like Data replication, SRDF/non-SRDF
• Experience implementing, supporting and auditing database security
• Experience with Unix/Linux OS platform and Unix Shell/Perl scripting and automation
• Experience supporting Oracle databases platform under Unix/Linux platforms
• Experience with Big Data, NoSQL database technologies such as MongoDB, HBase, HP Vertica, etc.
• Experience with Database monitoring tools such as Foglight
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working in virtual environment using VMware/Cloud platforms
• Database performance tuning skills
• Database vendor certification
Technology Ventures is a leading technology services company delivering a broad portfolio of business and technology solutions, along with staff augmentation, to help its clients improve their business performance. Technology Ventures collaborates with both the public sector and private sector to maximize performance and create sustainable value for our customers and job opportunities for our consultants.
At Technology Ventures, we have 100's of consultants working at different clients in the Washington DC Area. We have highly competitive compensation packages along with comprehensive benefits packages (i.e. fully paid health benefits, 401K, vacation & federal holidays, etc.) which can be tailored to individual needs. Consultants can work on W2 hourly or Salary plus benefits basis.
8300 Boone Boulevard Vienna, VA, 22182