Codeworks is an IT Services firm in SE Wisconsin, known for our strong commitment to quality and for our direct client relationships.
Who We’re Looking For!...
An IBM Systems Architect for a direct hire opportunity with a company that has been a trusted leader in global business data protection and encryption.
Functions as the lead technical contributor for product lifecycle, architecture, development, and support. Also manages and oversees product development and staff on IBM systems. Responsible for effective and efficient management of multiple product development projects creating and/or maintaining high quality software programs to meet product specs on deadline by performing the following duties.
Roles and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Manages and oversees all product development including research, architecture, design, coding, unit testing, quality assurance, documentation, and deployment.
- Contributes as the lead developer of product content.
- Coordinates with product management, technical support, sales, and marketing regarding product specifications.
- Manages cross-functional teams across platforms to ensure interoperability and consistency.
- Manages professional, courteous, and timely third level support.
- Oversees the translation of business case documents into accurate technical requirements and specifications on a timely basis.
- Manages technical input regarding strategic plans for product line direction.
- Oversees all training of development and technical support staff.
- Stays abreast of industry and technology trends and regulations.
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university preferably in a technical/engineering/business major.
Security experience is a plus.
- Minimum fifteen years experience in software architecture, design, and development in an enterprise software company
- Minimum seven years experience managing or leading software development teams for IBM z/OS systems.
- Ability to take a conceptual systems and abstract framework view of software products (vs. a component or code-level view)
- Exhibits strong technical integration skills across a variety of platforms and technologies.
- Ability to conceive elegant solutions to the most complex problems
- Expert in unit testing and systems testing, especially on IBM z/OS systems
- Expert in using source code repositories
- Expert in word processing software, spreadsheet software, development software, and internet software
- Proficient in creating internal design specifications
- Proficient in documenting software functions
- Mastery in the full lifecycle software development
- Mastery in Agile software development with scrum or equivalent
- Problem analysis skills, including dump/trace reading
- Mastery with production support of complex applications with the ability to resolve problems in constrained timeframes
- Expert with data translation and cross-systems data transport in a heterogeneous environment
- Mastery at developing internal design specifications
Large Platform Skills
z/OS Operating Environment (primary):
- Expert in multiple languages including C, Java, Assembler, REXX
- Expert in use of various binding methods and program building.
- Expert with a variety of IBM platform-related utility products, both IBM and OEM
- Proficient with development skills within z/OS operating systems writing Assembler, Macros, C, REXX, ISPF and APIs to various system services such as ATTACH, DYNALLOC, IDCAMS, Subsystems, Recovery/Termination, and TCP/IP sockets, Web Services, APF programs, Cross-memory services, Catalog Services
- Has a working knowledge of z/OS modernization platforms including z/OSMF and Zowe
- Expert with inter-language calls within Language Environment
- Expert with programming with Unix System Services, CICS
- Expert with various file systems and related access methods including, BSAM, QSAM, BPAM (PDS and PDSE), HFS/zFS and VSAM
- Expert with the z/OS operating environment and associated system services, including DF/HSM, DF/SORT, PARMLIB, File Manager
- Expert in Performance measurement tools such as Strobe, Application Performance Analyzer
- Expert in program diagnostics including SYSABEND DUMP reading, SLIP, IPCS, GTF, program maps, Tracing
- Expert in z/OS Security Servers including RACF, CA-ACF2 and CA-Top Secret Security
- Proficient in the use of cryptographic services including ICSF, symmetric key encryption, Digital Certificate administration and use in PKI.
- Expert with the following software support tools: ISPF, FTP, Compilers, Language Environment, IDCAMS, SMP/E, JCL and System Utilities
- Expert in various data structures, encapsulation techniques and character mapping, including file system record controls, XML, network protocols including TLS, character code page translation
- Proficient in the operation and configuration of heterogeneous platform facilities under systems such as IBM i, UNIX and Windows, including intersystem file transfer, Digital Certificate administration, SMTP mail transfer, TRANSMIT/RECEIVE, TERSE
IBM i Platform Skills (secondary):
- Expert in multiple languages including C, JAVA, CLP
- Expert in use of IBM I various binding methods and program building.
- Expert in use of IBM i’s API usage and programming
- Proficient in the use of cryptographic services including symmetric key encryption, Digital Certificate administration and use in PKI
- Expert in IBM i various file types and system files such as:1. DB2 Files, 2. IFS Files, 3. Save Files, 4. Spool Files
- Expert in IBM i Messaging system including Message files.
- Proficient with IBM i Security systems.
- Expert with IBM i SAVE and RESTORE applications including the BMRS (Backup Recovery and Media Services) package.
- Proficient with IBM i the ability to find and utilize commands and objects.
- Expert with IBM I software support tools: PDM(Programming Development Manager), IBM i Navigator, and system file utilities (both QSYS file system and IFS).
- Expert with IBM i problem diagnostics including JOBLOGS, QSYSOPR messaging, trace reading, program stacks and how to analyze hardware Reference codes.
Local candidates to Milwaukee area will be given priority. If you feel that you meet the qualifications listed above and are open to working in the Milwaukee area, please forward your resume in Word format to .
Headquartered in Milwaukee, WI with an office in Madison, WI—Codeworks has over 23+ years of experience serving Fortune 1000 companies in Wisconsin as well as our client's national locations. Our recruiting team is extremely good at evaluating, advising, and connecting IT professionals with new opportunities that will satisfy their expectations both in salary and opportunity for growth.
For more information, please visit our website at: www.codeworks-inc.com.
For priority career/job posting updates, please follow us on Twitter: @CodeworksIT