Specializing in IBM i - AS400 IT Staffing and Contract Programming for over 35 years.
Send resume in Word directly to Bob Langieri - Excel Technical IBM i - AS400 div. Data Center at Include salary requirement. This is a full-time employee position. Will not sponsor. Will assist with relocation. Please No Phone Calls.
Looking for a progressive Programmer Developer interested in joining an advanced IBM i shop with no old code and migrating all green screens to advanced GUI interface. Preference is IBM I and RPG Free or will consider training someone with C++ with strong SQL and interested in learning RPG Free and Valence Development tools (GUI suite of tools). Manufacturing experience is preferred. To modernize the user interface, we’re bringing in a New developer Suite called “Valence”. This is an on-site position – not remote. Possibly work from home one day a week. Be able to work with little direction. Blue-jeans casual environment.
- ILE RPG and RPG Free Form, no fixed format
- Custom Programming preferred over purchased ERP software
- Subfile programming
- Procedures, prototype copybooks, service programs, binder source, binding directories
- SQL, (ad-hoc RUNSQL, ACS), RPG embedded SQL & cursor processing, DDL (tables, views, indexes), some SQL functions and stored procedures
- RDi & ACS
- Any GUI tools would be a plus.
- Must be a permanent US Resident able to work full-time without sponsorship.
- Must be serious about relocating to the area. They will assist with relocation “real cost” not pack you up or some deluxe relocation perk.
- Really prefer someone with newer modern RPG skills. Anyone with C++ or VB.Net a Plus
- Will consider someone with 2-3 years programming experience.
- Evidence of someone who is constantly learning on their own and not stuck in old RPG
- Good communications; team player; great with pleasing users; positive
About the position
- Build and modify Custom Home-Grown applications.
- Analyze business requirements and translate user needs into effective and efficient applications.
- Develop program logic for new RPG Free applications; analyze and modify “older” applications in support of continuing operations.
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment.
- Code, test, debug and document new or existing programs to optimize performance and reliability.
- Work with user departments to resolve specific problems, often requiring changes in application design, individual programs, specific capabilities or constraints.
- Analyze and estimate feasibility, costs, time, and compatibility with other programs and systems.
- Understand project goals and requirements, develop solutions, and drive project to completion.
- Degree in Software Engineering, Application Development or related Computer Science program.
- For a more Senior Developer – 15 years of modern IBM i and RPG Free, SQL, manufacturing, for a real advanced Developer with high level skills or tools like Valence, they will go top dollar.
- For a more junior role of Developer - 3+ years’ experience with C++, VB/.Net or Java in a business environment. Other languages will be considered and RPG IV or ILE RPG experience is definitely preferred. Lower levels $75k - $85K
- Independently motivated, detail oriented, and able to maintain focus on long term projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within the Company.
- Proven problem solving and time management skills.
- Results oriented; possesses a sense of urgency and commitment to achieve efficient and accurate results.