The nation’s premier provider of innovative digital government solutions and secure payment processing is currently seeking an Implementation Specialist
to complement our team in Montgomery, AL.
Acquired by Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) on April 21, 2021, NIC is a leader in digital government solutions and payments, partnering with government to deliver user-friendly digital services that make it easier and more efficient to interact with government. NIC and Tyler are united in their mission to empower public sector entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other.
NIC Alabama located in Montgomery, serves state and local agencies, by partnering with them to provide new, innovative, online government services. As a member of the NIC Alabama team, you will work as a team to drive application and adoption of emerging technologies to create effective and citizen-centric, digital government solutions.
As an Implementation Specialist, you will be the primary subject matter expert for AppEngine, which is a Platform-as-a-Service, "low-code" application development platform that allows users to build and host Enterprise-Class applications with little to no code and minimal investment. Your daily work will include meeting with Account Managers, reviewing and understanding application requirements and specifications, as well as designing, configuring, testing, debugging, maintaining, and deploying applications using the AppEngine tool.Responsibilities
- Complete assigned tasks with minimal oversight.
- Participate in regular team meetings.
- Collaborate with account/project managers, as well as technical staff to understand user requirements, identify, and build solutions.
- Formulate and define application scope and objectives; devise and modify procedures to solve business problems.
- Design, configure, test, debug, maintain, and deploy applications according to requirements.
- Estimate project timelines based on functional specifications and requirements.
- Communicates and learns from other team members.
- Asks questions and seeks assistance when appropriate and does not need repetitive guidance on the same topics.
- Takes ownership of solutions.
- Implements and maintains product or system features in order to solve scoped problems. Asks for guidance when necessary.
- Communicates with their manager if they need clarification or disagree with the strategic reasoning.
- Effectively communicates their individual work. Asks clarifying questions to confirm understanding of problems and/or next steps and follows up as necessary.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline preferred and/or relevant work experience.
- Work Experience: 0-5 years of experience in field or in a related area.
- Required Skills:
- Designs and configure user interfaces for web applications.
- Possesses both technical and non-technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to conceptualize, plan, develop and deliver a variety of creative solutions.
- Understanding of programming techniques.
- Understanding of User Experience (UX) design practices.
- Understanding of APIs.
- Familiarity with Regular Expressions, XML, and JSON structure.
- Experience with API testing tools like Insomnia or Postman.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow processes.
- Ability to manipulate table data in Excel.
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Stock purchase plan
- Company wellness program
- Paid State holidays and vacation
- Tuition reimbursement