Our direct client is looking for a IMS Database Administrator for a very long term contract position in Trenton, NJ.
- This Database Manager/Administrator is the expert DBA responsible for support of the OIT IMS environment.
- This role requires an IMS Database Administrator with over 10 years of support (as a DBA).
- This individual will be responsible for IMS Version 14 enhancements and eventually upgrading to version 15.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive, recent experience maintaining and supporting IMS databases, providing backups, recoveries, and disaster recovery.
- This individual will monitor space utilization for all IMS databases, Logs, etc.
- Will also monitor IMS database fragmentation and perform reorgs when required.
- Provide logical and physical database design and implementation of physical DB structures into IMS DBMS.
- Provide technical and lead Database support for OIT projects to facilitate successful completion of established goals.
- Daily core-hour on-site support presence and on-call availability during off hours.
- Database administration of IMS DBMS – Required
- Prior hands on work with DBCTL – Required
- IBM Z/OS – Required
- IBM Utilities – Required
- JCL – Required
- TSO – Required
- Prior experience with IMS version 14 - Highly desired
- Prior experience using CA IMS SYSVIEW for monitoring. – Desired
- Prior experience supporting DB2 as a DBA - Nice to have
- Understanding of NJOIT business processes and operations. - Nice to have
- 4 year college degree or equivalent technical study. – Required
Question 1) Is the candidate available for a round one, in person interview?
Question 2) What City and State is the candidate geographically located in?
Question 3) If the candidate will need relocation, what is the candidate's interest in relocating to this geography?
Location: Trenton, NJ
Please send your resumes to "jobs at etechnovision dot com" with A2745A in the subject for immediate consideration.