VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified IOC - Enterprise Architect to support the US House of Representative in Washington, DC.
The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) House Information Resources (HIR) requires an Enterprise Architect responsible for (1) analysis and (2) design support for an Integrated Operations Center (IOC) capable of monitoring, managing, and reporting issues related to House critical applications, systems, and network infrastructure. The Enterprise Architect will be responsible for leading the integration of multiple separate HIR Information Technology (IT) monitoring (on premise, hosted, and cloud services) and response elements into a single, centralized, continuous incident monitoring and communications function to streamline HIR monitoring and response efforts, and to provide a common operating picture across the entire IT and telecommunications enterprise. The Enterprise Architect's primary functions will include: incident management; network operations and management; performance analysis; information security management; real-time website and applications monitoring;
incident response coordination; maintenance coordination; and situational monitoring, communications and reporting.
The Enterprise Architect will assess and analyze productivity across all HIR directorates to determine the current type/use of operation centers (Network Control Center, Security Operations Center, and Technology Service Desk, as well as analysis of other HIR Directorates that are currently not represented in one of the existing operations centers), and related IT monitoring and response efforts, including related tools, processes and procedures. The results of this analysis will be culminated in a Concept of Operations (CONOPS) document that provides a recommendation of how the HIR IOC should ideally function.
* Salary: Dependent upon experience
* Security Clearance: None
* Available: within 30 days
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Perform analysis across all HIR directorates as well as analysis of other HIR Directorates that are currently not represented in one of the existing operations centers.
2. Develop Concept of Operations document for HIR IOC that describes how the HIR IOC will function
3. Provide concept level design of an HIR IOC, to include concept-level drawings, recommended adjacencies and proposed square footages for each aspect of the HIR IOC.
Required Skills and Expertise:
* Seven+ (7+) years hands-on experience in conducting business analysis of Operations Centers, developing Concept of Operations Documents, and developing, deploying and managing Operations Centers.
* Applied knowledge of Systems Architecture across multiple systems.
* Expertise with operating within a complex Information Technology environment.
* Experience with the development, deployment and sustainment of IOCs (Application, Network, System, Security).
* Strong operational and technical understanding of network, system, application and security monitoring tools, and how these are used in an IOC.
* Experience with conducting gap analysis between current and future state of monitoring environment.
* Experience developing and managing Operation Center policies and procedures, to include IOC concept of operations documentation.
* Proven experience with Microsoft Office Suite tools to create process flow drawings, presentations, organizational charts, reports, spreadsheets, and other technical and non-technical documentation in a succinct and timely manner. Advanced skills in Excel to develop models (e.g., forecasting, cost estimation, weighted decision) that facilitate strategic decision-making is a plus.
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Business Development