Title: Python Application Developer
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Skills: Python, Capital Stress, SOA Distributed Architecture, Pandas, OO Design
Python applications developer who is passionate about technology and has experience developing high performance transaction or reporting systems with large databases and multi-tier architectures; knows how to build and motivate a talented and committed technology team.
The candidate will be part of a dynamic team of onshore and offshore developers (8-10) supporting the Capital Stress (CCAR/ICAAP/DFAST) Business.
She/he will have responsibility for designing and executing development across the full SDLC. The candidate must have a sound grasp of development best practice and system architecture. She/he will be expected to participate in design discussion across the team and to be responsible for high quality implementation.
Client management is an integral part of the role. Strong verbal and written communication will be essential for effectiveness in this role.
• Solid experience of Python in a SOA distributed architecture.
• Experience in Pandas to extract and manipulate data
• Experience with OO analysis and design
• Exposure to high volume systems with real-time performance and read and write capabilities.
• Experience developing with Oracle, Sybase, Impala or any other major RDBMS.
• Exposure to with enterprise messaging systems, including message queues and pub/sub
• Experience in REST API
• Experience in using multi-threading to pull external data
Management & Leadership:
• Demonstrates exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication, and collaboration skills.
• Experience following design and development standards
• Experience working in multi-time zone development team
• Experience with Agile development.