Position: IOS Engineer / Architect & Android Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Spruce Technology is a mid-size and rapidly-growing Information Technology services firm headquartered in New Jersey. An award-winning firm (Inc 5000, SmartCEO) with a steadily growing portfolio of commercial and government clients, Spruce Technology provides innovative technology solutions, specialized IT staff, and IT strategy consulting nationwide.
As a Lead IOS Engineer/ Android Engineer, you will be responsible for the ownership and evolution of our native technology stack. Reporting to the Director, Mobile Application Development, you will work closely with other engineering, design, and product management teams, to both deliver on the roadmap and our plan for the future. In addition, you will:
- Own and evolve the native mobile technology architecture. Success in this area means making the right decisions that are both what’s best for the long-term health of our applications and what’s best for the customer.
- Collaborating with 10+ engineers to create and execute the architectural plan.
- Sharing and communicating best practices from your career and creating news ones with the team.
- Lead and influence a team of 10+ engineers
- Partner closely with product, user experience, and upper management, translating the benefits of the team’s work into a language that is understood by all.
- Deliver the roadmap with the team as a lead individual contributor.
- Demonstrate our values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
- 6+ years of hands on experience; retail or ecommerce experience is a plus
- Experience developing and delivering using Agile methodologies
- Experience and a strong opinion about unit testing, CI/CD
- Understanding of software engineering principles, design patterns, object-oriented-programming(OOP), frameworks and technologies
- Track record of shipping applications on App Store. We’re interested in what you’ve made
- Strong programming skills in both Objective-C and Swift
- Deep understanding of the IOS SDK / Android SDK
- Strong communication skills (oral, verbal and listening) as well as the ability to influence the broader engineering team and understand their points of view
If interested, please forward a current copy of your resume with contact information to Prasad and you can reach me on email@example.com