We Are Hiring
Have you heard? Ascension Technologies, one of the largest healthcare information technology services in the country, is making a shift in their IT space!
Join the IT revolution with us as we turn our attention from technology that supports our national health system to developing, deploying, and driving technology
that will change the face of healthcare.
If you enjoy creating something new, dreaming big, and have a passion for your expertise we encourage you to apply!
#m!t2020Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Technologies leverages technology to create collaborative solutions that improve everyday health decisions. The technology enables seamless access to data across all applications transforming the customer experience when interacting with technology and enhancing our ability across Ascension to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. It is used to provide insightful use of automation and data-drive improvements to enhance the provider, patient and consumer experience as well as keeping cybersecruity with a strong posture to protect data and other valuable assets.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. What You Will Do
As a Software Developer with Ascension Technologies, you will contribute to the creation of our robust suite of cloud-native enterprise applications in the rapidly growing healthcare software industry. You will be a member of a dev team working collaboratively with others in an Agile organization to deliver software that sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
With more than 4,000 associates, Ascension Technologies enables access to data across applications, transforming how clinicians and patients interact with technology, which enhances our ability to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. Our associates leverage technology to create collaborative solutions that improve health decisions every day. We believe you should be a tech founder not a fixer - that's how we do tech at Ascension technologies. We are advocates for a compassionate and just society through our actions and our words, and we are developing software solutions to support that mission Responsibilities:
What You Will Need Required Experience:
- Develop high quality enterprise-scale iOS Apps
- Break down complex requirements into independent coding tasks and strategies
- Create unit and integration tests to fully test and regress software
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Work with other teams (i.e. Product, PM, etc.) to ensure delivered code meets specifications based on functional/technical specifications
- Participate in Agile routines and ceremonies; daily standups, sprint planning, sprint demos/retrospectives
- B.S in Computer Science, M.S. in computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of professional software development experience in an Agile environment
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in OOAD, design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Demonstrated mastery of Swift and iOs development
- Experience using RESTful APIs to integrate mobile applications to server side systems
- Experience in unit and integration testing with iOs.
- Experience with unit and integration tests
- Strong understanding of professional software engineering best practices for the full SDLC including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated mastery of the full SDLC including CI/CD and modern build and deployment tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Openness to new ideas and an unceasing desire to learn new things
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, a positive mindset, and a collaborative spirit are a must have
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Experience with TDD and BDD
- Experience working with cloud-native, scalable, and highly available distributed systems
- Understanding of relational and NoSQL databases (MySql, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, etc),
- Experience with container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Atlassian tools: JIRA, Confluence, etc.
Ascension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Poster Supplementhttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdfE-Verify Statement
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.E-Verify
(link to E-verify site)