At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.What you will be doing
DISH Wireless is seeking a Data Traffic Engineer with a detailed understanding of how the Internet works on a global and local basis. This position requires a solid understanding and experience with DNS, IP addressing, BGP, etc. to support efficient, low latency processing of all DISH mobile data traffic. Traffic is expected to grow as the new 5G national network is built and candidates should have the ability to define and specify a range of connectivity options based on changing traffic. Candidates should have familiarity with network operators and other service provider networks and processes including Local Exchange Carriers (LEC), Tier 1 ISPs, and specialized carriers.
The Data Traffic Engineer will be responsible for evaluating and performing detailed engineering activities supporting the design, development, and optimization of the data interconnection in a wireless network. This person may also be responsible for specifying equipment, APIs, virtual resources, etc. to create world class data services for Dish customers.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Develop peering, IP transit, and other interconnection requirements for the 5G network.
- Manage data traffic flows and recommend network changes as traffic profiles change.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of reliability, security, and redundancy requirements.
- Actively contribute to improvements and participate in innovation, lessons learned, and knowledge sharing activities.
- Ability to define and manage performance with SLAs and KPIs.
#LI-RO2 #DICE_RO Skills and experience
The successful Data Traffic Engineer will have:
- BS in a technical field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8 + years Internet / Telecommunications network experience
- Working knowledge of DNS and BGP; familiarity with virtualization & software defined networking a plus
- Familiarity with optical networking and interfaces
- Ability to write detailed technical specifications
- Ability to manage multiple commitments simultaneously
- Understanding of traffic engineering, Internet access services and Ethernet services.
Compensation: $89,905.00/Yr. - $136,190.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, this role provides all the benefits you need to be successful. Check them out on our careers website.
Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, to include a drug test and criminal background check.