Are you looking for a 6-month contract IP Network Engineer II position, with a company that is a leader in their field, on a team with others who are laid back and fun-loving? If so, look no further!
Our exciting, innovative client has an immediate opportunity for an IP Network Engineer II in Kansas City, MO to provide the technical design, configuration, maintenance, to ensure the stability, integrity, and operational effectiveness and efficiency of network services. See below for specific requirements and apply today if you are a fit!
Responsibilities of the IP Network Engineer II:
- Participate in the design and configuration of internal and/or external networks assuring that requirements are met.
- Apply business/customer requirements into network or process implementation.
- Support network technology and configuration activities to ensure integration and alignment with other IT technology, systems, applications, and environment.
- Assist in development, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Participate in testing software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Participate and assist in approaches to accomplish departmental goals, while maintaining alignment and compliance with business goals, corporate IT standards, strategy and Service Level Agreements.
- Assist vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Assist in network technology and configuration activities to ensure integration and alignment with other IT technology, systems, applications, and environment.
- Provide technical support and guidance (Level 2) in troubleshooting network performance issues. Researches problems that cannot be resolved by routine procedures. Creates troubleshooting procedures, designing resolution scripts, workflows or flowcharts. Ensure timely resolution of problems
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
Qualifications for the IP Network Engineer II:
- Knowledge and ability to perform advanced administration on multiple company standard network technologies or similar platforms; such as Cisco enterprise LAN/WAN gear, F5 load balancing, Aruba wireless networking, and Checkpoint/Palo Alto security platforms.
- 4+ years of experience with Spanning Tree.
- 4+ years of experience with Layer 3.
- 4+ years of experience with using IOS/XE/NX-OS.
- 4+ years of experience with understanding wireless concepts.
- 4+ years of experience with sub-netting.
- 4+ years of experience with understanding of network security and concepts.
- 4+ years of experience with troubleshooting network related issues.
- 4+ years of experience with NCM/NPM/SAM and maintenance of the Solarwinds suite.
- 4+ years of experience with ISE and how to operate the system.
- 3+ years of experience with F5 Load Balancing.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field and 4 years network engineering experience
OR 8 years network engineering experience
*We CAN NOT accept 3rd party candidates*
*We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas*
*Only candidates closely matching the client's required qualifications and experience will receive a reply
At Aureus Group, we're the recruitment advisors our clients trust to expertly uncover professionals with not only the experience, skills, and abilities, but also the passion, ethics, and integrity that are critical to your success. We're the expert's professionals turn to for direct access to challenging and rewarding jobs in their field, many of which are unadvertised.
If you are ready for something new and exciting and have a background that lines up well with the Network Engineer III description above, please apply online or callfor a confidential conversation. Please refer to job #20-1207985 when inquiring.
Position: Network Engineer
Physical Abilities: Up to 10lbs, Networking: Cisco
For the most prompt response, please APPLY ONLINE.
Resumes may also be sent to or callfor more information.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis, and we will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status. We do not accept unsolicited applications or resumes from staffing, recruitment or other employment consulting firms.
As always, there is never a fee for candidates to utilize our services.