Provides and applies technical strategies in the design, configuration and maintenance of LAN, WAN and wireless networks to ensure the stability, integrity and operational effectiveness and efficiency of network services. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the design, purchase, installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required. This position is expected to work independently with minimal guidance and assistance with the technology supported.
o Participates in the design and configuration of internal and/or external networks as required for assigned projects, assuring that requirements are met.
o Translates business/customer requirements into network or process designs.
o Supports network technology and configuration activities to ensure integration and alignment with other IT technology, systems, applications, and environment.
o Assist in development, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
o Uses planning skills to manage and complete projects on time and on budget.
o Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
o Identifies innovative approaches to accomplish departmental goals, while maintaining alignment and compliance with business goals, corporate IT standards, strategy and Service Level Agreements.
o Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
o Coordinates network technology and configuration activities to ensure integration and alignment with other IT technology, systems, applications, and environment.
o Provides technical support and guidance (Level 3) in troubleshooting network performance issues. Researches problems that cannot be resolved by routine procedures. Creates troubleshooting procedures, designing resolution scripts, workflows or flowcharts. Ensures timely resolution of problems
o Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
o Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
o Participate in managing all network security solutions.
• Knowledge and ability to perform advanced administration on multiple company standard network technologies or similar platforms; such as Cisco enterprise LAN/WAN gear, F5 load balancing, Aruba wireless networking, and Checkpoint/Palo Alto security platforms.
• Understands and considers business goals, corporate IT standards, department strategy, service level agreements, EVA’s and budgetary implications.
• Understands and considers and applies standard concepts, best practices and procedures related to LAN, WAN and wireless networks.
• Knowledge of established configuration management, network architecture development and project methodologies.
• Communicates effectively with all levels of employees, both technical and non-technical.
• Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with other departments.
• Effective project team member, at times assuming leadership roles for projects as required.
• Monitors emerging trends and evolving technologies, evaluating and understanding the implications for inclusion in department strategy.
• Takes the initiative to search for and identify alternative and/or innovative solutions to architecture problems.
• Uses planning skills to manage and complete projects on time and on budget.
• Quickly adapts to the demands inherent in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• CCNP or similar certification highly desired and CCIE certification desired.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field and 4 years network engineering experience.
• 9 years network engineering experience.
Familiar with the Cisco ACI product in deployments and operations. Also familiar with the use of ACI in the Azure cloud space. To provide the network connectivity from on prem to the cloud.
F5 LTM GTM
Familiar with the implementation support and operation of F5 hardware running LTM, GTM and AFM. This would include the building out virtual server configuration, configuring networking components, and configuration of the global load balancing in the GTM software.
This would include being familiar with Cisco DNA Center, Cisco ISE and Cisco Catalyst 9k hardware.