Cprime is looking for an IQC Inspector that will be performing dimensional and visual inspections of incoming product parts, assemblies and products to ensure incoming part specifications have been met prior to release to manufacturing and finished goods. IQC Inspector will also inspect R&D parts per Engineer Requests or as First Articles.
Schedule: 5:00 PM TO 1:00 AM.
- Roles and Responsibilities: • Operate standard metrology equipment (caliper, height gauges, micrometer, bore gauges, dial indicators, surface plate, etc.) for open set-up inspection.
• Operate and utilize Optical comparators and Vision Systems (SmartScope, Keyence, or Dynascope) to inspect parts. • Knowledge of how to operate Vision Systems is a desired skill but not required.
• Perform detailed Documentation Review to ensure all required data and certifications are accurate and present for each lot of parts or assemblies.
• Interpret complex mechanical drawings and understand GD&T concepts to inspect parts.
• Conduct visual inspection of purchased parts materials and assemblies to ensure it meets the required cosmetic and/or feature details listed in parts’ specifications.
• Record Inspection results in computer based software (1Factory).
• Use Neptune Software to track inspection times and results.
• Create inspection history files and upload to ERP system.
• Perform First Article inspections to qualify tooling and new parts.
• Perform inspection on parts/fixtures for the PMC (Calibration Group).
• Handle materials in accordance to procedures and prevent mix-ups, damage or other adverse effects.
• Use company ERP system (Inventory Control) to transact and release materials for production use.
• Physical move materials to released area.
• Create Non-conforming reports in SAP for parts that fail their incoming specifications.
• Communicate inspection results to engineers and others, when requested
• Verify and maintain the accuracy of lot identification and count of materials.
• Performs any other projects or duties that may be assigned. Skill/Job Requirements: • High school diploma, A.S. Engineering Degree preferred.
• 1-3 years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Requires understanding of SAP or other ERP systems to be able to perform lot transactions is a bonus skill set. Will train, if no experience.
• Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
• Must be able to use or understand the use of standard inspection tools, gauges and Optical Comparators.
• Experience using Vision Systems is a desired skill set but not required.
• Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance is desirable
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
Methods aren't built overnight. They're built in the day-to-day.
Cprime transforms businesses with consulting, managed services, and custom solutions that deliver performance. Agile, DevOps, Product, Tooling, Cloud in unison.