IRIS Developer Fully Remote 6-12 month contract with the possibility to extend or convert
The client is using InterSystems' IRIS for Health (formerly Ensemble) platform for processing Clinical Data (ADT, ORU, CCDA, RSP and other custom formats). Work is going on for establishing new workflows as well as for optimizing and enhancing existing ones. The IRIS for Health Consultant role demands the highest level platform expertise and skills to collaborate with various stakeholders to define, develop, integrate, improve and operate high performance, scalable, dynamically configurable workflows on IRIS for Health.
Working with Agile delivery teams, the consultant will participate 'hands-on' in below activities. The ideal candidate is expected to have past experience doing these and hand hold the team members through them.
1. Developing logical design of complex workflows on IRIS for Health platform
2. Developing workflows, managing users and rules
3. ObjectScript Programming
4. establishing and managing downstream connectivity, reporting and notifications, config deployments
5. establishing/evolving DevOps practices including config deployments, monitoring, automations, IRIS version releases and other operational aspects
6. contribute towards infrastructure design and validation of infrastructure for size and high performance to meet emergent needs
7. Triaging issues with and refactoring existing code
8. Conduct peer code reviews and design reviews.
The consultant will have to do hands-on with coding and testing. This is not a project manager or delivery manager role. The consultant will work across globally spread out scrum teams.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at