Why Join Altec?
If you-re considering a career with Altec, Inc., there-s never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That-s why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that-s why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
The Senior Project Manager/Business Analyst will be responsible for managing projects (planning through execution), implementing and testing system enhancements and support for the business area they serve.
* Lead projects related to all enhancements to the system, implementation of new modules, new functionality and upgrades.
* Responsible for collection and preparation of specifications and requirements for enhancements to the application.
* Monitor and manage progress of projects to ensure the system is meeting corporate needs and expectations.
* Advanced support of users, which includes diagnosing and resolving issues related to application modules.
* Prepare training and system documentation.
* Lead and attend Rapid Continuous Improvement (RCI) events.
* Read manuals, periodicals, and technical reports to learn how to develop programs that meet staff and user requirements
* Track and maintain constant communication with the customer from the beginning to the end of any established case, issue, or concern
* Remain highly adaptable - Due to the turbulent nature of priorities in supporting customers, this role requires high adaptability to changing demands, deadlines and priorities
* Lead backlog grooming and sprint planning for own scrum team
* Coordinate with other project managers and scrum teams
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Bachelor-s Degree or equivalent of three years ERP functional applications experience
* Minimum of four years direct business experience in an Altec facility or a minimum of three years Oracle or ERP functional applications knowledge.
* Demonstrated Project Manager and/or Scrum Master experience by successfully leading and concluding a software implementation or upgrade required.
* Experience with Agile processes and methodologies
* Minimum of six years of experience in systems experience.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to problem solve
* Current valid Driver-s License
* Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
**Job level may be modified upwards based on qualifications of the candidate**
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.