Provides tier-two technical and testing support for Federal Reserve customers across all electronic access platforms.Promptly identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves intermediate to complex end-user computer software, hardware, and networking issues. Key Activities:
- Provide tier-two technical support to customer service representatives in the Federal Reserve Bank's Customer ContactCenter (CCC) and tier-one support for the Federal Reserve Bank's largest customers.
- Technical support includes network connectivity and/or other issues related to browser configuration, software, firewalls,middleware installation and configuration (primarily Connect: Direct and MQ), VPN/router installation and configuration,etc.
- Researches complex customer inquiries using a variety of tools and resources.
- Participates in and supports moderately complex System-level projects, such as implementation/upgrades of end-userhardware and software.
- Utilizes on-site lab to emulate customer environment for product troubleshooting purposes.
- Utilizes on-site lab to test new products and service offerings, including cloud based services.
- Provides testing support to the Federal Reserve Bank's largest customers during evenings and on Saturdays, as needed.
- Creates, updates, and maintains procedures/documentation.
- Represents the Customer Contact Center on high severity System-level outage calls.
- Provides rotational, after hours (on-call) support, as needed. - Create and maintain cloud documentation for lab and product designs related to cloud-based services.
- May develop or facilitate training classes.
Department shifts have start times that range from 6:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. with 8 hour shift assignments. New employees will start on the 11:00 -7:30 p.m. shift. Team members work approximately 2-3 Saturdays and 1-2 weeks on-call support a quarter. Qualifications:
- High school Diploma, and/or basic vocational skills training. Associates degree from a two-year college or technicalschool preferred.
- One year minimum of directly related work experience, including use of advanced networking skills.
- Prefer Networking certification(s), Active Directory certification(s), Server Operating System Administrationcertification(s), or completion of classes toward related certifications.
- Preferred certifications may include: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician(CCENT), Comp TIA Network , Amazon Web Services/Google Cloud/Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of multiple hardware/software platforms and applications.
- Strong initiative, analytical skills, and customer service skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp in depth understanding of procedures and automated systems.
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and communicate technical concepts to end-users.
- Position requires working weeknights (e.g., until 7:30 PM CT), working some Saturdays, and occasional after hours (oncall)support.
This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take up to a couple of months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The areas screened include, education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reference checks.
Certain eligibility requirements apply.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - Kansas City Fed.
We [Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City] are committed to building a diverse workplace, and are continually striving to achieve this goal. As such, we provide equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or genetic information.